FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to get the V6 to go faster than 120mph??? Will intsalling a Magnaflow exhaust and steeda intake with the tune make the car go faster or just get there quicker?

Jay

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have gotten my V6 up to about 127/130ish, but had to let off. I think it will easily go faster.

The tuner/tunes remove the speed governer and the car will easily go over 120.

My understanding for the 115/120 max is that the 4cyl's come with lower rated tires compared to the Z rated tires that come on my SEL V6 which should be good till 140 or so.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what your saying is that the tune will get rid of the governer and not just move it back? Is there a way to get an speedo that goes up to say 150 for the Fusion/Milan?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
118 for the 4cyl. It can fly well above that. For the speedo, no, it would be easier to do a aftermarket gauge or something of that nature to read speeds above the 120+

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I would think before you go running off and picking up gauges and stuff, you might want to think about brakes, tires, suspension, all the key things to running around at those speeds!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Aftermarket gauges on a Milan????????

·
Registered
463 Posts
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=87249.msg1672929#msg1672929 date=1188257329]
I would think before you go running off and picking up gauges and stuff, you might want to think about brakes, tires, suspension, all the key things to running around at those speeds!
[/quote]

Once those key issues are addressed just use a portable navigation unit to clock your speed. It will be more accurate than a speedo anyway.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah you guys are right. It might be a family sedan but when I lived in germany I had Renault Clio RS ok it's a hatchback but I still did as much as I could to it. Now that I live here in the USA I'm not sure what I need to or don't need to do so my car is fast and nipy yet very safe.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Well the roads here suck compared to anything over there. As far as what you need. Tires, brakes, tighter suspension, and perhaps cooling while the engine is running those revs in top gear.

Power wise... tune, intake, exhaust.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=MilansFreak2007 link=topic=87249.msg1677346#msg1677346 date=1188411002]
I had Renault Clio RS
[/quote]

Got any pics? I've always wished they would send those over here :(

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I couldn't find many but I hope this helps. I konw it sucks that they don't sell it here but I found that I can get one through mexico. I wanted to bring mine over but it would have cost me to much so I sold it. :x :( :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and some more.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks fatabbot. 8) I just really really wish I could have brought it with me. I bet people would have been looking all the time. because it's something you can't get here. I'm going back to germany in november maybe I'll see if the price of bringing it over will be cheaper and then I'll have it as my summer car and the milan as my winter car :? we'll see. :dunno:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
The problem is getting it certified to be driven here. Probably a lot more trouble than it's worth, unfortunately.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah I did find out that I would have to change the bumper sensors the lights maybe the windshield. The emissions are fine well actually better that any car over here(but not the one I had that even faild the german standerd :lol:) Soll when I get back I'll let you know what thay say. Oh and I'm waiting for a call from Renault Mexico :goodjob:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts