FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a used ford fusion 2010 sel and the reset tire pressure light came on and service advance trac warning and I have the proper ford tmps reset tool and only 3 of my 4 wheels register during the process the wheel that doesn’t reset during the procedure is my right driver side wheel and it’s also a different wheel as well any suggestions? it’s also runs well other than that the wheel that doesn’t reset is in the pics below and it’s different than the other 3(first time ford owner)

Attachments

· Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
218 Posts
Is the light on solid or blinking, and what is the message in the message center:
  • Low Tire Pressure?
  • Tire Pressure Monitor Fault?
  • Tire Pressure Sensor Fault?
I am drawing a blank on what the wheel is from. It sounds like the TPMS sensor in that wheel needs replaced. They have about a 10 year battery life.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for not being more specific it’s a solid air pressure light no flashing and the tire pressure sensor fault message pops up as soon as I start up the vehicle but it drives fine and currently all tires have the proper air pressure in them as I have a gauge I keep with me and all of the tires are at 33psi currently

· Registered
2012 Fusion Sport AWD
218 Posts
If it was me, I would just deal with the light being on, since you can and do check the actual pressures until it needs new tires, I would then replace them all. I would get a set online from a fairly reliable seller. Most tire shops already charge a fee for TPMS, usually for valve stem and seals and programming them (if new).

I bought a set of 4 sensors for my 2015 Fusion to install in new winter wheels, and they were cheaper for the set than individual ones at the tire shop.

My 2012 hasn't had any issues yet with the sensors yet, but I plan on getting new ones for the different wheels I plan on using.

· Administrator
6,178 Posts
I have a used ford fusion 2010 sel and the reset tire pressure light came on and service advance trac warning and I have the proper ford tmps reset tool and only 3 of my 4 wheels register during the process the wheel that doesn’t reset during the procedure is my right driver side wheel and it’s also a different wheel as well any suggestions? it’s also runs well other than that the wheel that doesn’t reset is in the pics below and it’s different than the other 3(first time ford owner)
HI Dwbk. The tire pressure fault is likely due to the battery in that one sensor dying. In general, the batteries last ~10 years, so if the original owner never replaced them, they are long past due. You can have a faulty sensor replaced at your local Ford Dealer, any competent tire shop or local independent shop etc.

Are you looking at new tires any time soon? If yes, just wait until you are getting tires and have all four sensors replaced then.

Also...are you sure that different wheel is the same size as the other three? You can determine that finding the tire sizes on the side of all four and posting that information back here. If that different wheel is the wrong diameter, that could be the cause of your AdvanceTrac warning.

Get back to us and good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts