FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
[quote author=oneill_sel link=topic=86942.msg1657629#msg1657629 date=1187667351]
Is this size tire to large? 245/60R18 TIRES
[/quote]

Hi oneill_sel. :wavey: Are we talking about a tire that size for a Fusion/Milan/MKZ? If you are, well this is my opinion, and as they say opinions are like...

Yes, the sidewall will be much too large. It will look like a truck tire on your car.

Look at it this way, if you have the stock 225/50R17, your sidewall is 50% the height of the tread width. So 50% of 225 is 112.5 mm.

You will be putting on a tire who's side wall height will be 60% of the tread width. So 60% of 245 is 147 mm. So your sidewall will be 34.5 mm taller X 2 (sidewalls) = a tire 69mm larger in diameter than stock. In other words 6.9 cm taller than stock. That is almost 2 3/4 inches

Traditionally, if you go up one wheel size (say from 17" to 18"), you go down one aspect ratio size, not up two (50 to 60).

As you can see, it will look rather silly (again, in my opinion).

On top of the way it will look, your speedometer and odometer calibrations will be thrown off, reading lower than your actual speed/distance.

And just to make it the triple whammy, I am not 100% sure, but you may run into fit problems.

I would call someplace like "The Tire Rack", "Discount Tire" etc, before purchasing a tire/wheel combo like that for your car.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
244 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, it looks like you're trying to put Edge wheels on the Fusion?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea excatly I wanted to put some edge rims. Found them on Ebay but wasnt sure if I had to buy new tires and it sounds like it thanks for the help.

·
Registered
619 Posts
There is only about 22mm of clearance between the stock tire and the upper ball joint in the front, so you wouldn't even be able to bolt these down, let alone drive on them!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah, they won't fit. From what I remember, one guy put 225/45/18 tires on his Edge rims, see if that works for you. If not, I'll take the Edge rims off your hands :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts