FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2010 fusion it has 225/50/17 tires my question is will a 225/60/17 fit I already know the speeds going to be a little off but any help is much appreciated

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
So I have a 2010 fusion it has 225/50/17 tires my question is will a 225/60/17 fit I already know the speeds going to be a little off but any help is much appreciated
Hi John. Yes, it will fit.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
There won't be any clearing issues with the upper ball joint or front bumper or back of fender?
Hi John. Just noticed you are a new member, so also want to welcome you to the Ford Fusion Club!

Concerning your questions: Use this Tire Size Calculator to see the sizing differences: Tire Size Calculator

Not sure why you want to do this, and I personally would not. However, the overall size differences between the factory 225/50-17 and a 225/60-17 is not enough to cause interference.

Also, generally speaking, I would call a professional tire sources, such as The Tire Rack and Discount Tire, to ask their advice before taking anonymous Internet advice from strangers, who may or may not know what they are talking about (including myself). ;)

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
1.7 inches taller, so .8 inches closer to everything all around, good luck with that. I personally would be worried about clearance with the fender near the extremes of steering angle. Turn the wheel full lock and see if you have at least 1 inch of clearance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts