FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed an audible "thump" at certain times when shifting from first to second gear? I test drove my car before I bought it and noticed nothing odd. Since buying it, however, once in while I will hear a thump which can also be felt through the floor on the driver' side during the 1-2 shift at moderate speeds. Doesn't seem to do it at higher speeds or at really low speeds. The first few times it was quite loud but now it is subdued and I just notice it once in a while. It doesn't happen when shifting through any of the other gears. Trans linkage or clutch? I am not too worried about it at this point.

I have an extended warranty (5 year, 75k miles). It was $20 per month more and I thought it might be a good idea. Had a '95 T-Bird 4.6L and wished I had an extended warranty on that car (started to have trans and some electrical problems at 60k miles but I traded it in). I purchased the extend warranty on my 1997 F150 because of my experience with the Bird and while I did use it a couple of times, I don't think it really paid off (most of the fixes weren't too pricey). Don't know if it will be of much use on this car as the whole drivetrain has been around for a while in Mazda versions. But I tend to put quite a few miles on my vehicles so it is good insurance for me I suppose.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts