FordFusionClub.com banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Where's TwoWheelin when you need him...someone should let him know this is possible on the 3.5L.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I was intrigued by the great results from the BBK larger throttle body on the 3.7L mustang, well worth the costs. I just picked up a 2012 Fusion Sport to replace my V6 SE and I'm planning on doing some mods.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I love all of this with the throttle body and all Im really excited about it.. But something I didnt see on the butterfly plate concerned me.. Where's their safety measure preventing the butterfly bolts from backing out and dropping into the engine? You'll notice on most every throttle plate on any vehicle a thread locker is applied and some sort of distortion is made to the end of the butterfly bolts as a safety to prevent this (Refer to the pic of the back of the stock throttle body compared to the ported one).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just use blue or red Loctite. Even if one of the tiny screws came out they are so small that it would just get blown out into the exhaust.

This is the fastest Fusion I have ever seen with the throttle body ported, not sure if the guy is on the forum here, he might be:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just use blue or red Loctite. Even if one of the tiny screws came out they are so small that it would just get blown out into the exhaust.

This is the fastest Fusion I have ever seen with the throttle body ported, not sure if the guy is on the forum here, he might be:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0M-Ne83S00

lol Tiny or not I still wouldnt trust them to just go right through and out the exhaust without getting wedged in the quench of whatever cylinder they go into.

All it took was a 10mm nut to do all this-

All Im sayin is I noticed on my throttle body that not only was there thread locker applied by the factory but also a pinch to the tip of the screw to distort the bolt enough to prevent it from backing out. I cant help but think that previous events brought on the added step of pinching the end of the screw in an effort to distort it enough to not back out.​

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just put longer screws in and pinch the ends if the maxbore place doesn't. :D Takes like 5 min... I may do the same.

I'm probably going to have mine ported here in the next month. I have a extra new DS7Z-9E926 throttle body but I'm not sure if it will fit. The one under the hood is a 7T4E-9F991 but the ford parts sites are only showing 9E926 for the updated version for the sport. I will have to take it off and compare first. Otherwise I will have to get a used one off feebay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Red Loctite only, don't risk it with blue. I use a small torch to heat up the screws when using red to remove them, just be sure to check the blade to bore center.
Has anyone put any T/B's on a flow bench, what about the intake manifold?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone look into extrude honing?
Extrude honing is not precise enough, even if it was you still have to build a blade to fit. I'm looking into a billet T/B, with all the intake spacer plates out there why not make the spacer an adaptor that will mount the 5.0 Coyote T/B?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not sure how that would work on a composite intake but you could bore out the T/B, I need to look around for a 65mm FBW (Fly By Wire) that I worked on last year.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Red Loctite only, don't risk it with blue. I use a small torch to heat up the screws when using red to remove them, just be sure to check the blade to bore center.
Has anyone put any T/B's on a flow bench, what about the intake manifold?
Supersix has done the manifold but not sure about the TB. I plan to go a differant route and use a twin plate TB on my custom manifold I am going to build.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Supersix has done the manifold but not sure about the TB. I plan to go a differant route and use a twin plate TB on my custom manifold I am going to build.
That will too big for tip in and tuning the FBW T/B will require a very experienced calibrator, I have seen it when going from a twin blade to an oval blade T/B. The first thing I have to do is flow the intake manifold and see where the choke point is, Then I can start work on a billet T/B for my pile.

·
Registered
348 Posts
That will too big for tip in and tuning the FBW T/B will require a very experienced calibrator, I have seen it when going from a twin blade to an oval blade T/B. The first thing I have to do is flow the intake manifold and see where the choke point is, Then I can start work on a billet T/B for my pile.
It will require some custom tuning yes. but with the intake manifold and other work I plan to do its going to be fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not to sure on ford stuff. But my with my old LSJ I switched to a LS4 V8 TB and the car barley ran. there is such a big diffrence in the value without a good street or dyno tune this mod wont do much good for you. Our cars are drive by wire not the old cable stuff the computer can only make up for so much stuff. Yes its after the MAF but the computer still thinks there is a 60mm TB on the car regardless of the TB being ported. Its like using a trash bag for a condom lol ;)
So what ever happened

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
So what ever happened
Hi Mike. This thread is over 7 years old and it has been almost 6 years since the last reply. Add to that the unfortunate fact that participation here on the Ford Fusion Club has dropped off dramatically in the last couple of years, as can be seen by the scarcity of recent posts, and it is doubtful you will get a reply. Not impossible, I guess, but highly doubtful.

Good luck.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts