FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you installed your CAI and then had custom tunes (either through Jusnes, Steeda, etc.) loaded on to the car, what did you notice that it did to your gas mileage?

Guess I should have asked all of these questions BEFORE I bought the CAI and Tuner (although both of them have yet to touch my car). I know there's the whole issue of "good gas mileage vs. good acceleration" that is a push/pull win/lose situation, but have you noticed substantial gains or losses as far as your mileage is concerned?

My Fusion mileage is already rather horrid to begin with - I'd say that 13 is the worst I've experienced, with 25 being the absolute best I've experienced (100.0% highway miles).

I know a post talks about actual mileage on the 3.0, but this is stock...I want to hear from all you non-stockers out there!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Before I got my Steeda CAI my gas mileage was around 22. Since I've installed the CAI, my gas mileage has been... 22. However, since the CAI found a new home in my engine bay, I've been flooring it all the time because it sounds so deep and throaty (especially with the deletion of the air silencer). So the CAI probably increases fuel efficiency if you don't change the way you drive.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
It increases your fuel mileage if you drive normally. My car is tuned for 93 octane with the CAI and magnaflow exhuast. I get 30+ mpg on the freeway doing the speed limit. In the city, its around normal. The issue is that I dip into the throttle much more now cuz it feels and sounds so good which usually gets me really crappy gas mileage around town. Because your car will use more gas when you speed with an agressive tune.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talisman, you have the 3.0V6 and get 30+ on the freeway? That's pretty good. In town do you still get around 20? You have to understand that my numbers are 14 city, 18 highway (if I'm lucky). I'm going to have to find a way to pay for these tunes!!! Hell, if I could get an average of 22 like number 2 has experienced, I'd be floored.

·
Registered
170 Posts
[quote author=11011101 link=topic=88964.msg1711761#msg1711761 date=1189703095]
Before I got my Steeda CAI my gas mileage was around 22. Since I've installed the CAI, my gas mileage has been... 22. However, since the CAI found a new home in my engine bay, I've been flooring it all the time because it sounds so deep and throaty (especially with the deletion of the air silencer). So the CAI probably increases fuel efficiency if you don't change the way you drive.
[/quote]

Same thing here. Before i installed the CAI, Magnaflow, and tune, i was at 22.3 MPG. Now I'm at 22.4. So... nothing really changed. But what is the air silencer you're talking about? I want to get rid of mine too if it makes the intake even louder!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Nothing has changed for me either. But I romp the crap out of my ride. After all, I didn't put in all these extras to drive like an old lady.

·
Registered
832 Posts
[quote author=tony magnolia link=topic=88964.msg1728754#msg1728754 date=1190356997]
But what is the air silencer you're talking about? I want to get rid of mine too if it makes the intake even louder!!
[/quote]

The Air silencer is the dead end pipe that comes off the intake main pipe. look at your throttle body, go about a couple inches to the right of it (ie away from the engine) and you'll see a pipe that goes toward the front of the engine bay and dead ends (it's plastic). Hope that helps.

http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1014

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=88964.msg1729296#msg1729296 date=1190389673]
damn you guys with your V6's i have filter envy :lol: damn that thing is big Sorry to :hijacked:
[/quote]
And they say size doesn't matter :bs: :smokin:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=88964.msg1729384#msg1729384 date=1190392213]

And they say size doesn't matter :bs: :smokin:
[/quote]

You mean my wife's been lying to me? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hahaha... you guys are nutz. :lmao:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=tony magnolia link=topic=88964.msg1729997#msg1729997 date=1190404505]
Hahaha... you guys are nutz. :lmao:
[/quote]

Hmm, my wife says those are "just right", too. Lying bitch.... :lol: :lol:

j/k, love ya honey :)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

That's why I got the V6....to cover the fact that.......oh....umm.......nevermind.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=88964.msg1731437#msg1731437 date=1190473630]

That's why I got the V6....to cover the fact that.......oh....umm.......nevermind.
[/quote]

LOL, great picture.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Ain't that some shit! :rofl: :lmao:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=88964.msg1728473#msg1728473 date=1190346058]
Talisman, you have the 3.0V6 and get 30+ on the freeway? That's pretty good. In town do you still get around 20? You have to understand that my numbers are 14 city, 18 highway (if I'm lucky). I'm going to have to find a way to pay for these tunes!!! Hell, if I could get an average of 22 like number 2 has experienced, I'd be floored.
[/quote]

If the speed limit is 70, ill get 28 to 30mpg. the best i get is around 32 with optimum conditions at like 60mph on the freeway in the city. Now around town, my gas mileage has dropped.but thats only cuz I gas is MUCH more cuz the car just sounds and feel so good.I tried driving like an old lady and noticed that I get around 20mpg. You have to be very easy on the throttle cuz you're car is dumping more fuel in the engine when you gas it after the retune.But if you're easy on it, you'll be fine(or better than fine)

P.S. No matter how I drive, my average gas mileage has never been below 17mpg so im not sure why yours is so low.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Two spoilers creating drag?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts