FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My browser with the Malwarebytes add-on has this forum flagged as dangerous. Naturally, I opted to live dangerously but thought the Mods should be aware of this.

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
My browser with the Malwarebytes add-on has this forum flagged as dangerous. Naturally, I opted to live dangerously but thought the Mods should be aware of this.
I guess it isn't too surprising. For many years this site was a go-to target for spammers; since I became a moderator a few years ago I have personally dropped the Ban-Hammer on something like 40,000 spam accounts (as of this moment there have been a total of 58,813 bans issued by all moderators and administrators) and there are still as many as twice that currently in either the "Registered Users" or "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation", in other words, I'm guessing there are maybe 75,000 additional accounts which are open for spammers to infiltrate the site and ply their trade.

Now, I don't mean to scare y'all away, many of those still open accounts are being blocked because of IP address range filtering we've put in place and because I keep a pretty vigilant eye on the members currently online, and when I see account IDs which meet a particular pattern and/or hits us from well known IP addresses, BOOM, there goes the Ban-Hammer again.

One final comment, to put the huge number of bans in perspective, I am a moderator on a number of automotive related forums, and the next highest forum ban-count is a Honda related site, over there we only have 4,931 bans. Yeesh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts