FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
the easiest way i can think of would be to... if you have tinted windows, to just have a piece of black vinyl cut to the size of the brakelight and apply it like any other decal over the back window, covering up the brake light. should match up pretty decent.

that way, it's not permanent.

·
Registered
584 Posts
If you crawl into your trunk and look up, you'll see two tabs holding it in place, and two clips. They are plastic and easily removable. Press them, remove the bulb for the light by twisting, and pop the housing up.

You'll be left with holes in the carpet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Slaterracing made a cool 3rd brake light delete plate for his Fusion. Its on his cardomain page.

·
Registered
476 Posts
FYI... removing the 3rd brake light makes it 1000 time easier to clean the inside of the back glass. I take mine out every time i clean the rear window.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
[quote author=jaydez link=topic=94061.msg1843538#msg1843538 date=1194633281]
FYI... removing the 3rd brake light makes it 1000 time easier to clean the inside of the back glass. I take mine out every time i clean the rear window.
[/quote]

Now THAT'S hardcore!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=94061.msg1855724#msg1855724 date=1195096180]
Now THAT'S hardcore!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

LOL, that's what I was thinking...

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you just do not want it to light up, then remove the bulb, otherwise you can remove the whole thing and have holes in the carpet like was stated above.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
[quote author=Sandog link=topic=94061.msg1864106#msg1864106 date=1195450337]
If you just do not want it to light up, then remove the bulb,
[/quote]

Then you stuck with a third brake light that looks like it doesn't work or has a blown bulb, which would throw the rear look of the car off. :lol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I agree, but some people. I had a spoiler added to my 06 Fusion, and therefore it looked dumb with two brake lights, so I took that crap out. The bulb I mean.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, if you want the factory look but don't want the third brake light, just remove the brake light and order a back carpet from an 08 Fusion and specify that you don't want the holes for the third brake light. It will cost you some money (probably around 120 bucks for the back carpet), but it will be the cleanest look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts