FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching around and forund this site. I am thinking about trading my 02 Explorer 4.0L in on a 06 Fusion 2.3L and I was wondering how well they performed. I am wanting something that gets better gas milage so I thought the Fusion would be a good choice and I like the look the car as well. What are your thoughts?
Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
47 Posts
I love mine, I am averaging 29MPG. I drive 130 miles a day. :shock:
I have the V6 and it is great, I love little cars that have enough power to get out of there own way.
It's nice and relaxing when you are in the car for at least four hours a day. (Traffic Sucks!)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I would prefer the V6 -- but that's me. I haven't driven the I4, but I love the car in general!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I traded a 2004 Sport Trac to my Fusion V6 in November. I had to change jobs and started driving 80 miles per day and $2,80 - $3.00 gas was killing me. I love this car. I consistently get 26 mpg from the V6. It rides much quieter and smoother than the Sport Trac did. I just can't haul any stuff in the back that you would put in a truck bed.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I find the power of the 4 cylinder to be quite sufficient.  I have the manual trans in mine and I love it.  It likes higher rpm's and while it can seem a little poochy below 3000rpm, working the engine through the gears unleashes its potential and the acceleration in the upper rpm range is quite impressive for a 4 cylinder mid-sized sedan.  On the hwy I record anywhere between 30 and 36mpg depending upon how fast I am going.  75mph and above will yield around 30mpg in my car, 70 and below between 32 and 36.  I would suggest taking one for a test drive.  If you are going with the auto, the V6 might be a good choice.  You don't loose much in terms of efficiency by going with the V6.      

·
Registered
610 Posts
Trunk space is great, lots of room as is the case with most fwd cars in this class. Handling and ride is very competent and impressive. Ford put a very nice suspension setup on these cars - very little lean in the corners while offering a nice ride even on our Michigan roads.

[quote author=sport_trac_drew link=topic=46223.msg711931#msg711931 date=1147226936]
I also have a 2004 sport trac. I would trade it but i need something 4wd. How is the handeling and trunk storage
[/quote]

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think that the handling is awesome! The car has lots of back seat room, and a sizable trunk. The rear seats fold flat with the flip of a switch for hauling big stuff. The only thing a little tight is the headroom--I'm 6 ft tall. I had owned nothing but trucks and SUVs since about 1990, and had forgotten how much fun a sporty car can be to drive. I looked at the 4 cylinder with the manual, but liked the power and the dual exhausts out the back of the V6, and the mpg isn't much worse. I wasn't impressed with a 4 cylinder with the 5 speed auto--I'd go for either the manual trans. or the V6 with the 6 speed auto.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm 6'5" and I fit in it just fine. Granted I don't have the sunroof, so that helps with headroom. It helps when you lower the seat all the way down. It does make it a little harder to get into, though.

I have a Fusion SE 4 cyl AUTO. Have had it almost 2 weeks now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts