FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got myself an 05 ford five hundred a couple of months ago and now I'm thinking about getting a v6 Fusion/ Milan. My dad's 02 sable isn't long for this world with 230k miles so I'm thinking about giving the five hundred to him at some point and getting a Fusion for myself. I'm just trying to decide between the 1st and 1.5 gen Fusion/Milan v6. I would Ideally like a 10-12 v6 because of the added power and improved interior but I'm concerned about the 6f35 in the 10-12 models just because of the horror stories. I know maintenance is a key factor I'm just wondering if I would be better off getting a 06-09 just so I don't have to deal with the potential 6f35 issues. I'm open ears since I don't know a ton about the 6f35.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The 06-09 Fusion in my opinion is the best. I believe the 2.3 litre Mazda engine & 5 speed auto is a great package. Not super fast but handles excellent. The auto trans actually has a dipstick.

The only issue I've had is the a/c temp sensor in the dash. Either you can replace the sensor or do the quick jumper fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts