FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the "SEL" and "V6" emblems come off the car pretty easily? The more I stare at them, the more I think that "Ford" and "Fusion" are all anyone needs to know......especially when I'm getting the XCal II and CAI sometime in the next few months if things go well (however I think I might go the SCT route..who knows). Anyway, I just wanna make sure they don't have anything like pin holes like my F150 did. If they do just come off, does anyone know or care to comment how they might best come off without taking paint along with 'em?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Heat gun, or hair dryer will work just fine. It'll loosen up the glue just enough to soften it up to pull right off. Then just polish where the letters were. Cake.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I splash of 3m adhesive remover is what I used, they fell off. Then just polished and waxed the area. 10mins.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome - thanks guys. I'm going to try bassnutz's (is that the correct way to show possession?) idea first and then Jaysen's if it doesn't work. BTW, bassnutz - where did you get your chip and tuner from and how exactly is it "Jusnes modified"?

·
Registered
407 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=85520.msg1619277#msg1619277 date=1186519694]
Awesome - thanks guys. I'm going to try bassnutz's (is that the correct way to show possession?) idea first and then Jaysen's if it doesn't work. BTW, bassnutz - where did you get your chip and tuner from and how exactly is it "Jusnes modified"?
[/quote]

I bought both the SCT Tuner and tunes from Jusnes Modified. It's "Jusnes Modified", because I'm running their tunes.

I've debadged both of my Fusions (past and present) the same way. It works like a charm, and is easy as hell.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After 1,293,755 applications of GooGone and three rounds of the 3-step Meguiar's to that area the lettering is finally off. The lettering came off EASY - it was the STICKY CRAP that stuck behind forever. Now that V6 and SEL is gone, now the FUSION lettering looks strange. It'll probably go this weekend :)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
you can pick up some adhesive removed at walmart. Spray it on... walk away... they fall off in 10 mins. Then wipe clean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts