FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really can't decide about the latest Focus. It's a quality car, especially for the money... but the looks I can't decide about.

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
its a bit smaller in person then i thought looking at the photos... so thats a dissapointment.... otherwise it drives nice and the interior in person is amazing with all the technofied stuff init.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2012 Focus SE 5 door (wagon). It has been a long time since I bought a Ford. This car really impressed me. I have 3 other cars but needed a long distance commuter car that gets good mpg. My BMW 5 Series Sport and Mercedes C Class get mediocre mileage on premium fuel. The 1970 Datsun 240Z comes out of the garage in good weather only.

The styling is interesting. The ride is better than the BMW. The Ford handles well. It is quiet. The stereo is excellent. The SYNC for the phone and ipod are great. The mpg are excellent for the long interstate commute. I'm always over 40 MPG on regular fuel. The car is not that slow to get such mileage. (Note BMW has a governor limit at 163 mph. I'm used to serious speed). My two large dogs have room with the back seats folded down.

I did like buying a car at least assembled in the USA. I also like the way Ford has managed their finances along with their product lineup.

If this car is dependable and the local dealer doesn't rip me off on maintenance there will be more Fords in my future.

·
Registered
68 Posts
No doubt about it, I want one. My computer background is a Blue Candy 5-door 2012 Focus. I really want all the bells and whistles, but I also want a manual trans. Right now, you can't have it both ways. The SE is the top model with a manual, and you can't get stuff like dual zone automatic temp contol, leather seats, the top stereo or push-button start. The Titanium and SEL cannot be equipped with a manual, but come with all the cool stuff. My Milan is loaded, so i'm used to a lot of features. I've emailed Ford many times about this, but haven't gotten much past a form letter back from them. I'm holding out for the 1.6L Ecoboost engine. I HOPE they offer that with a manual in the higher models. If they don't, I don't know what i'm going to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts