FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess i'm kinda at an impasse.

I figured maybe ya'll could give me a bit of insight.

I've got an 07 fusion and i drive alot through wooded and farmfield country up here in the thumb of michigan, and here in the fall and winter i find myself driving to work and home from work in the dark. Now it doesn't take a genius to know that we have lots of deer and other critters up here.

What i'm driving at is i want to upgrade to hid's. Now most of the time the roads i take aren't too busy and i drive with my highs on a lot, but it doesn't give me the light output that i need to be able to see as well as i'd like.

Now i'm considering upgrading the lows and high beams, but i'm not sure if that'll give me the best result.
Would it be better to upgrade say the fogs and the highs, and leave the lows normal so they don't affect other drivers?
I'm not against re-aligning my headlamps so i don't blind people. I'm also confused on what power to get, i know the 55w lights are pretty darn bright, but would they cause issues in the high beam slots? Because the area for the high beam is much smaller than the lows so i figured heat might be a factor there.
Or would 35w be just fine for my endeavor.

Another thought did cross my mind and that was to buy a milan hood and milan headlamps, that way i'd have projectors already but then my car might have a identity crisis. lol

Seriously though, anyone have any opinions either way?

-Wayne

·
Registered
840 Posts
you do NOT want hids on your high beams. hids take a few seconds to charge up and display right, so having them for the high beams is not only going to damage the hid, its not safe for those cases where you have to flash your high beams, turn them off and back on, yada yada.

if you want a hid kit, go for fogs and lows. aim the headlights down on the lows and a bit up on the fogs and you should be okay.

Im building a projector headlight housing which is what hids are ment for, you can try doing that, it just gets expensive, and its alot of work.

gl ;D

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Baja,

I would personally not mess around and go straight for the off road lighting kit by Bosh or PIAA. A lot of people have said that converting to HID's don't give you that much more distance just more light. It sounds like you are looking for distance so that you have time to react should an animal be on the road ahead. With the off road kit you can hook it up to a separate switch in the car. Depending on the kit you get, you can either replace the existing fog lights, or mount them in the space under the grill. There is quite a bit of space under the 2 bar grill actually and the kits are quite compact these days.

Happy modding!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone for the ideas. I'll figure out what i'm gonna do. Although i don't think mounting a light bar on top the car to put some hella lights up there is a good idea lol.

-Wayne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts