FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done driving a base model 3.5L auto Edge. Accelerates through first gear like a 3.0 Fusion, but passing acceleration is turdish. It brakes smililar to an Escape w/4 wheel disc, and body roll is somewhere between the Freestyle and the Escape. I like the instrument cluster, and even the base model wheels aren't bad looking. The one I drove was sticker'd $26,800. I'm looking forward to driving one that's fully loaded.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My dad and I checked out the new lincoln. Braking is terrible don't you think? And the car could stand to lose a few pounds to its pretty hefty. I like the look of the edge better than the mkx. Handles pretty well though. I think they're a bit late into the game though these types of cars (crossovers) have been around awhile.

·
Registered
910 Posts
True but they've been missing out for a few years now, I don't see this car doing as well as lexus or caddy's models though it could since it does have the best styling.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just put a little over 500 miles on an Edge. It makes the Escape look like a complete turd (leased a 2005 Escape V-6). Handling and overall dynamics are very impressive for a tall 4300 lb vehicle.

http://mlav.com/blog

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Edges are very popular here. I'm surprised how many I see on the road. I've never driven one, but a few people I've talked have said that it outperforms there older SUVs and costs less. My girlfriend test drove one and wants one. She's always liked SUVs since she has to haul a lot of stuff for her job, but she always found them to be too big, create blind spots, and have limited visibility out the rear. The Edge seems to be a really good fit for her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts