FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi not sure if im posting this to the right forum havent had a real chance to look around yet. But my question is about the wiring of my tbps pigtail harness i have a 2006 ford fusion and my old harness clip broke so i got one off the same model year at salvage and wired it up by matching the colors my question is was it right to wire by color ? Normally this would be straight forward for me im pretty familiar with everything electrical but i wasnt sure here but know that a cars computer can be expensive so dont want to play chance here now there were two wires coming from the pigtail that were taped together sperate from the other wires (a blue w/ green line i think and a yellow with light purple line) and on my cars original harness one is diffrent 111
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Automotive exterior Bumper
(i.e., a blue w/green line and a yellow with dark purple thin line) is this significant in any way or is it done for fitting into the sleeve of wire cover should they be matched just by color?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi not sure if im posting this to the right forum havent had a real chance to look around yet. But my question is about the wiring of my tbps pigtail harness i have a 2006 ford fusion and my old harness clip broke so i got one off the same model year at salvage and wired it up by matching the colors my question is was it right to wire by color ? Normally this would be straight forward for me im pretty familiar with everything electrical but i wasnt sure here but know that a cars computer can be expensive so dont want to play chance here now there were two wires coming from the pigtail that were taped together sperate from the other wires (a blue w/ green line i think and a yellow with light purple line) and on my cars original harness one is diffrent 111 View attachment 105579 (i.e., a blue w/green line and a yellow with dark purple thin line) is this significant in any way or is it done for fitting into the sleeve of wire cover should they be matched just by color?
Also wondering if my throttle body needs relearned and how do i do that exactly? Thamks in advance for the help. I hope to be of some help as well sometime.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take cable off the battery. Touch the two cables together for a good 3 minutes. While your waiting turn on headlights. That will drain all codes stored. Now hook up battery always positive first.
What about the wires would you know about that at all? I mean i think they should be spliced by color thats what common sense tells me but those two wires have me stuck. And thamks for your response i really appreciate it this is our only tagged vehicle for a family of five so we definatly need it running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.