FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this has been cover alot on the Mazda3 sections and several other boards around. I figured I would give it a try and see what I could come up with.

Pictures of Install (Mod)

You can find the write up by searching the mazda boards with the how-to ect. ect.

My overall thoughts are that it didnt change a thing. Everything feels exactly how it did prior to grounding the TB. No change in throttle responce, or anything of this nature. Perhaps someone eles could try it and see what you come up with.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Have you thought about doing the throttle body coolant bypass also? These two I have thought about doing.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its crossed my mind. Its another one of the pointless tiny things I will give a shot on another day.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Well It at least makes sense that It would work because it heats up the throttle body and we all know that cooler, denser air makes for more power. Why would they put that line there anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So far, I've done the TB ground on 2 Fusions and a Mazda3. All have had much better and noticeable throttle responce. As I live in the midwest, I won't be doing the bypass. I don't want the throttle plate to bind when it gets cooler

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=76970.msg1394817#msg1394817 date=1178655392]
Well this has been cover alot on the Mazda3 sections and several other boards around. I figured I would give it a try and see what I could come up with.

Pictures of Install (Mod)

You can find the write up by searching the mazda boards with the how-to ect. ect.

My overall thoughts are that it didnt change a thing. Everything feels exactly how it did prior to grounding the TB. No change in throttle responce, or anything of this nature. Perhaps someone eles could try it and see what you come up with.
[/quote]

Good job on running the wire looks like it came from the factory like that. What gage wire did you use. I think i am going to try it this weekend will let you know if i feel anything.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I tried it and did not notice a difference. I even went back to the stock tune and tried it, thinking that my Jusnes tune perhaps made this mod irrelevant - still didn't feel anything even though I really wanted to! Throttle response was the same before and after, at least on my I4 manual. I have heard, however, that this mod does make a real and noticable difference on the Mazda6 3.0 and even the F150 5.4. I haven't found proof that it helps the 4 cylinder Fusion, however. Frankly, the throttle response on my car has never been a problem even when stock. The 91 octane torque tune from Bob, however, simply ROCKS! I would recommend Bob's programs over any other mod that I have tried (intake silencer delete, TB ground, K&N).

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Well i did the mod when i was letting my oil drain (and done putting the aftermarket PSI sending unit in). Not sure if it did anything or not but when i was doing a test drive i had to pass someone and in third at 60mph it did seem to pickup a little faster. Need to do some more driving with it done to see for sure but night now the mid range did seem to pick up just a little. Also i put my lead on the the bolt closest to the battery hopefully that is OK

·
Registered
833 Posts
Just took the 10 min. to try this mod and it definitely made a difference. The car absolutely responds a little quicker,seems to shift & drive smoother. I would suggest it to anyone. (min. $$$ & time)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad to hear your responses and thought on this. I just really don't feel that anything has really changed, or atleast enough to notice. Perhaps I should drive the 460 whp mustang less to notices these small changes!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=76970.msg1412865#msg1412865 date=1179270120]
Glad to hear your responses and thought on this. I just really don't feel that anything has really changed, or atleast enough to notice. Perhaps I should drive the 460 whp mustang less to notices these small changes!
[/quote]

ya that would do it :D i just got my mustang out over the weekend. Have a few things to do to it before it goes back on the road but at least it is out of storage and back at my house. 8)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just did this and it seems to have gotten rid of my bog down when shifting or letting go of the clutch in first gear. She responds slightly better.

Alex

·
Registered
83 Posts
Could someone please explain to me what this is about. Forgive me for being an idiot.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Pictures above. Simply run a decent gauge wire from the throttle body (where the air intake is from the filter) to the neg. battery terminal.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Mmmm, I will definitely try this this weekend along with the silencer delete, since my warranty is about to void, I will do almost anything as long as it doesn't blow up my engine.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=76970.msg1466077#msg1466077 date=1181148859]
Mmmm, I will definitely try this this weekend along with the silencer delete, since my warranty is about to void, I will do almost anything as long as it doesn't blow up my engine.
[/quote]

i had my car in for a TSB with the muffler, silencer delete, ground mod and gauges and they did not say anything to me about them. The tech only commented that he liked it. If you do the ground wire mod right i do not think they would even notice it. Cover it with the covering like Jasen and i did and they will not even see it. or if they see it they will think it came that way :lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
[quote author=jwolfe815 link=topic=76970.msg1465263#msg1465263 date=1181109766]
Could someone please explain to me what this is about. Forgive me for being an idiot.
[/quote]

Bump!! Why do this? Benefits? Whats wrong with it not beeing grounded?

·
Registered
7 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=76970.msg1395343#msg1395343 date=1178667394]
Have you thought about doing the throttle body coolant bypass also? These two I have thought about doing.
[/quote]

they pump coolant thru it to actually "cool" it which does not make much sense i know.

the emissions on the vehicle puts exhuast back into the incoming air and the exhuast temps are alot hotter then the coolant temp.

you can bypass the exhuast coming back in but it will screw up the computer and emissions, make the engine run lean.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I did this mod this weekend. I timed how long it took the car to excelerate from 60 to 80 before and after the mod. I left the numbers at home, but there was about a 4 or 5 second difference.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts