FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a good red tint type paint? I was thinking of opening up the tails and painting the inside of the clear lens red so they'll look more like normal taillights.

·
Registered
41 Posts
LOL. Yep, I did that ajp and it DID NOT work! Don't try to pry off the clear lens, it will break!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Personal preferences, opinions, and trying to look different than everyone else. Also, it is just way to much chrome plating that gives it that slightly cheap look. I will take red taillights, or maybe some LED's please

·
Registered
206 Posts
[quote author=hwm3 link=topic=52303.msg841737#msg841737 date=1153761370]
Does anyone know if there is a good red tint type paint? I was thinking of opening up the tails and painting the inside of the clear lens red so they'll look more like normal taillights.
[/quote]

someone on here did some kind of a paint job arond the outside of his tail lights using some kind of tint paint that looked ok.  he posted pictures of it, not sure what you would search for.

·
Registered
143 Posts
You dont have to pry them open. What you don is drop them in the oven. I forgot at what temperature and for how long. I have it writtin down in my note book when I did it for my mustang. But there is the gray hard cement like glue that holds them reaally tight. So you need to heat that glue so it will be loose a little bit and just easly and gently pry it of slowly by the lock pins.

Soon I am going to start on the tail lights. I am going to do a L.E.D retro fit on them.

So far I am looking for an extra pair of back lights that I can use while I do this project. It wont be cheap at all.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hate them because I feel like one of my Asian buddies running around town with their Honda Civic, I think it's a law in WI to have clear tail lights if you are Asian and drive a Honda or Acura... no offense, it just seems this way! I HATE my tail lights, my least fav part of the car.

·
Registered
477 Posts
[quote author=RandyR link=topic=52303.msg845044#msg845044 date=1153853562]
What is the deal with the taillights?  Why does everyone hate them so?  I think they look fine as they are.
[/quote]

THATS WHAT I'M WONDERING. YOU LIKE THE CAR ENOUGH TO BUY IT AND JUST CANT WAIT TO CHANGE SOMETHING ON IT.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, I personally think that the car has very nice lines. The body is a very nice sporty looking shape. It makes it look like a Caddy or something expensive. But really, I bought it for gas mileage and something far less cheaper to drive than my big truck. The car is very sharp looking, but there is always things that need attention and I think that the cheap looking taillights are one of them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tried heating it up, still broke. I had done this before on some Honda parts, still broke.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts