FordFusionClub.com banner

Tail Light Problem - 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Energi

7K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Vari75 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, I'm new to this forum & this problem may have been discussed ad nauseum before, but I can't seem to find it if so. The LED part of the tail lights on my 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium, the ones on the fender NOT the trunk lid, do not light up while i am driving at night. Only that very faint light in the corner is on. HOWEVER, the LEDs do light up just fine when opening & closing the doors, or when remotely locking the car. I've gone to the expense of replacing the entire tail light assembly on both sides but that didn't work. Anybody else have this problem that can offer some advice? Please??

EDIT: BTW, the brake lights and turn signals work just fine on both sides

#3 ·
So, you're saying clean the ground points then try to plug the left taillight into the right side and see if that works? I'll say something to my local mechanic. The guy I have working on this for me switched out the newly purchased taillights for the original ones & had the same problem as the originals, plus he went to a friend's car lot and switched out a taillight from a 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium there and it acted the same way in MY car, but not the car it came from, before or after the switch and switchback.

Do you know if the 2014 Titanium has a light sensor and if a faulty or dirty light sensor could be at fault? Maybe the car can't tell when it's day or night, so it doesn't know when to turn on the taillight section?

#10 ·
Most of the time, a damaged BCM will have to be replaced and can’t be repaired. Water, vibration, heat and age can all contribute to a module failing, which, depending on the placement of the unit in your vehicle, can be difficult to avoid.
To keep your new BCM in the best shape possible, make sure it stays clean and dry, and protect it from unwanted shaking or excessive heat if at all possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.