FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a Ford dealer today, and finally figured out why there was confusion in this forum about dealers saying SYNC is standard on SEL's. Since SYNC was a delayed option, the early 2008 SEL's were built without it. Ford relaunched the 2008 Fusion using what it calls a Job #2 for the delayed content such as SYNC and Ambient Lighting. All SEL's built after that date now have SYNC on them as standard. The SEL is now ordered under a 140B package vs. the prior 140A.

By the way, this does show up on the window sticker. On the left side under Standard Equipment - INTERIOR is a line that says ". SYNC VOICE ACTIVATED SYS". On the right side under Optional Equipment it says "JOB #2 ORDER". Of course, SYNC is also optional on the SE, and will show up as a line item under Optional Equipment. The price is $395 plus $150 for the Voice Activation rear-view mirror.

The earliest Job #2 unit I have seen on a dealer lot had a serial number of 8R1518XX, so that is another clue when you are scanning dealer inventories as to whether it is a post-Job #2 build. Hope this helps everyone looking for a Fusion with SYNC!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No need to beat your head against a wall . . . :cry: You didn't get your new one yet, right? Now you know what to look for! :chuckles:

I just had my dealer locate me a Silver SEL V6 with Sport Pkg, SYNC and Ambient Lighting. Hope to pick it up tomorrow!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for this post, I feel less concerned about getting everything ordered on the first try. I just ordered my new '08 two days ago and the dealer said when they tried to add the code for SYNC the computer said it was already part of the package. I guess I'll know for sure in 6-8 weeks when I take delivery of the car if they put in everything including the SYNC.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=mrkswellby link=topic=93146.msg1843349#msg1843349 date=1194627800]
Thanks for this post, I feel less concerned about getting everything ordered on the first try. I just ordered my new '08 two days ago and the dealer said when they tried to add the code for SYNC the computer said it was already part of the package. I guess I'll know for sure in 6-8 weeks when I take delivery of the car if they put in everything including the SYNC.
[/quote]

If you just ordered an SEL, it definitely should have SYNC.

I did get the Fusion SEL with SYNC I mentioned, and it works great! You don't even need to plug in your cell phone. The car senses that it is in your pocket when you get in, and automatically routes calls through the radio, muting whatever is playing when a call comes in. The SYNC system also downloaded my phone address book, and recognizes the names I had stored. With the voice activation, I just hit the Phone button on the steering wheel, say "Call Mary Jones", and it makes the call. I love it!

·
Registered
205 Posts
[quote author=shumax link=topic=93146.msg1865884#msg1865884 date=1195522004]
Does anyone know if you can add this onto an '08 that DIDN'T come with Sync?
[/quote]

I wanted to know the same thing since my '08 didn't come with it. One of the Salesmen at my dealer said a definate no because there is a lot of differences in the system wiring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts