FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I didn't see any Forum threads for SYNC. Apologies if wrong.

I've been having a heck of a time trying to update from SYNC 3 - 2.0 to 3.0.

I downloaded the upgrade from Ford's site and then unzipped the file into a USB Drive properly formatted to exFAT and then again with FAT32 and neither worked. I installed the drive in my front USB port and the update wouldn't start up. Waited 10 minutes when the directions say you have to wait about 2 minutes. I tried a different drive, I did a master reset. Nada.

I called Ford Tech Support and the Tech suggested I take my car into Ford for service. I'll get the airbag recall fixed then too :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I didn't see any Forum threads for SYNC. Apologies if wrong.

I've been having a heck of a time trying to update from SYNC 3 - 2.0 to 3.0.

I downloaded the upgrade from Ford's site and then unzipped the file into a USB Drive properly formatted to exFAT and then again with FAT32 and neither worked. I installed the drive in my front USB port and the update wouldn't start up. Waited 10 minutes when the directions say you have to wait about 2 minutes. I tried a different drive, I did a master reset. Nada.

I called Ford Tech Support and the Tech suggested I take my car into Ford for service. I'll get the airbag recall fixed then too :laugh:
Hi Sas. Your terminology is a bit confusing as to "...trying to update from SYNC 3 - 2.0 to 3.0". What trim level and model year is your Fusion?

Also, there is a SYNC specific forum here: https://fordsyncforum.com/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts