FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that is intersted in the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's H7 bulb for the high beams? Pep Boys has them for $44.98 less a $20.00 rebate. If you go on Sylvania's site they also have a $10.00 rebate making the net cost $15.00 (any tax would be on the $44.98)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=eiching1 link=topic=92379.msg1798151#msg1798151 date=1193010821]
Anyone that is intersted in the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's H7 bulb for the high beams? Pep Boys has them for $44.98 less a $20.00 rebate. If you go on Sylvania's site they also have a $10.00 rebate making the net cost $15.00 (any tax would be on the $44.98)
[/quote]

wish there was a pep boys in IA but no go. i am going to give the silverstars sometime since i am not going to do HID's

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would say it's a toss up. For $15.00 I am satisfied. Push that price out to $35.00+ and I probably would buy them. Above that....?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I've got silverstar ultras in my winter car (high beams and lows) . Not h7's, but really like them. If the h11's were available, I'd put them in my fusion in a second. A nice white light, and seem like they last forever. Had them in my winter car for 2+ years. I have tried Piaa extreme whites in the fusion and am less than impressed.Especially for the price.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=92379.msg1981641#msg1981641 date=1199938733]
I've got silverstar ultras in my winter car (high beams and lows) . Not h7's, but really like them. If the h11's were available, I'd put them in my fusion in a second. A nice white light, and seem like they last forever. Had them in my winter car for 2+ years. I have tried Piaa extreme whites in the fusion and am less than impressed.Especially for the price.
[/quote]

What did you not like about them? A friend of mine is running them in his projector Lexus IS250 and they look pretty good. A huge improvement over stock, and not to far off from my 5800/6000K HID. Very pricy, I believe he said $79.XX or so!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I thought for the price, they would have lit up the road alot better. Definately a brighter, whiter light than stock, but I was probably expecting too much. It's probably more to do with the lenses themselves. Right now I'm using Luminics ultra whites (your suggestion, I think.) and to me, look like they give off the same amount of light for less than 1/3 the price, only with cooler hues at different angles. I still have the Piaa lights for the high beams however. (I've also done the H9 bulb mod in the past, using the Narva bulbs from www.candlepower.com ).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I came here to soley complain about the ultras...

If you are disappointed in Sylvania Silverstar Ultras like I was because they only last under a year, get the SOLUX bulbs. They're a noticable improvement in brightness and a fair amount whiter than OEM (similar to the ultras), but they don't burn out real fast. Their claim is they last as long as standard OEM bulbs. At $50 a set for ultras, I wish I would have realized that the ultras burn out so fast. The solux are about the same price, but (according to solux) they last up to 4x longer than ultras. Oh, and they're not illegal and they're not obnoxious/blinding...just better lighting.

·
Registered
321 Posts
[quote author=kevjur link=topic=92379.msg1981641#msg1981641 date=1199938733]
[/quote]

They do have the Ultras in H11. I have them in my 2010 Fusion.
http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-H11SU-SilverStar-Performance-Headlights/dp/B0048U4ZV8

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I replaced my foglights with silverstar ultra's and they are noticeably whiter and brighter than stock. I paid $40 for mine and I'm decently satisfied. However, they really don't compare to my stock HID headlights. I still want HID fogs and will get them eventually; the silverstars were a waste of money in the long run.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts