FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2019 AWD Fusion SE. The front seats just kills my back.

Is it possible to swap in a Lincoln MKZ seat into it? If so, does anyone know which years fit?

The other option would be the Titanium seats, but I can't find any yet.

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
I just got a 2019 AWD Fusion SE. The front seats just kills my back.

Is it possible to swap in a Lincoln MKZ seat into it? If so, does anyone know which years fit?

The other option would be the Titanium seats, but I can't find any yet.

Hi 1standarduser. While they may fit, it would probably take a bit of electrical, electronic and SYNC/computer related cutting, splicing and reprogramming to even begin to have close to full function of MKZ seats in a Fusion. You would be better off trying to find Titanium seats. And even those may not be a direct swap for full functionality.

Actual physical fit would be the same from the 2013 model year on. Compatibility between connections and features are possibly or even likely different.

Two side notes: First, have you tried driving an MKZ or Fusion Titanium to see if they are any more comfortable for your back? Before going through all the cost and work of retrofitting seats from another car, you should be sure they will make a positive difference. They may be no more comfortable than your current seats.
Second...as you can see by the number of posts, participation on this forum has slowed down immensely in recent times. You may have a better chance of more specific answers if you try posting here: https://www.fordfusionforum.com/

Just my personal opinion/educated guess here - I think it would be difficult to get MKZ seats to work properly in your Fusion.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really appreciate the feedback. I just ordered 2016 MKZ seats (2017-2019 is actually my model), and will see if they fit in. The rails are identical... The electrical though... We will see.

The Titanium and regular MKZ seats are really similar. It's the top end MKZ that has massage and crazy luxury. I have sat in regular MKZ and Titanium and they are flatter and better for me personally, especially the lesser amount of lumbar.

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
I really appreciate the feedback. I just ordered 2016 MKZ seats (2017-2019 is actually my model), and will see if they fit in. The rails are identical... The electrical though... We will see.

The Titanium and regular MKZ seats are really similar. It's the top end MKZ that has massage and crazy luxury. I have sat in regular MKZ and Titanium and they are flatter and better for me personally, especially the lesser amount of lumbar.

Hi 1standard. Hope it works for you. Post back with your results. The information can help other Fusion Club members. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts