FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...'07-'10 front flat fold-down passenger seat into an '11-'12 model.

Can this be done easily? My friend is interested in a late model Fusion, and really loves the passenger side front fold down seat. He works out of his car a lot and likes how the passenger side can fold flat and act like a "desk" for his laptop, etc.

If he purchased an 11-12 Fusion, in (which Ford for some reason discontinued this feature), can he swap out either the seat, or hopefully just swap out the seat hardware from the fold down seat - which would be the most appealing scenario?

Anyone know?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
the problem may be more that the 2010 seats are shaped differently that may not allow it to be folded flat he can probably swap out some 08+ seats but he would have to swap out all seats so they match. cloth seats are cheap at the j-yard.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It's called decontenting.

They did it a lot on the 2002-2007 Taurus models.

Ford also deleted the 6 disc CD changer and made it a single for 2011.

But... Ford added MyKey and Homelink on the SEL and 502pkg Sports on the 2011 models.

Go figure??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fold flat for 2010 Milan?

Can this be done easily? My friend is interested in a late model Fusion, and really loves the passenger side front fold down seat. He works out of his car a lot and likes how the passenger side can fold flat and act like a "desk" for his laptop, etc.
Anyone know?
I too am interested to know! We have a 2010 Milan S and the passenger seat can only recline back to about 45 degrees :eviler:
Is there a modification I can do to allow the passenger seat to fold flat and basically lay flat on the back seat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Zzz's wanted!

Oh, fold goes the other way -- You fold it all the way forward ... the backside of the seat should face the roof.
We plan to drive home to Canada soon so I would like to recline the seat back and make sure there are no holes in my eyelids? :sleep:
Any ideas on what to hacksaw?

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
We plan to drive home to Canada soon so I would like to recline the seat back and make sure there are no holes in my eyelids? :sleep:
Any ideas on what to hacksaw?
Hi C&M. You would likely be pioneering this mod, so doubtful anyone here could tell you what to 'hacksaw".

If you decide to experiment and are successful, be sure to post a "How-to" in case anyone else is interested in doing this.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got an 11 and put leather seats out of a sport in mine. Had no clue the passenger seat did this until I went to move the seat one day and it folded flat. I was estatic due to the fact that I, too, use a laptop in my car. You have to swap the air bog modules from your original seat though as swell as all air bag sensors. This part was a pain and took a long time. It's the only way to keep the air bag light on the dash from coming on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok what years are compatible with my 2012 fusion? I want to put different seats in it but not sure which ones will fit? Any ideas

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
Ok what years are compatible with my 2012 fusion? I want to put different seats in it but not sure which ones will fit? Any ideas
Hi Shelms. Compatible as in bolt right in, with no bracket or other modifications?

2010-2012 Fusion/Milan/MKZ will definitely bolt-in/fit.

And 2006-2009 Fusion/Milan/MKZ most likely.

You may need to do some rewiring for MKZ seats.

There are other Ford seats that will fit, but someone else will need to answer that.in more specific detail.

Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts