FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fully independant front&rear

Multi-link independant rear suspension
short&long arm front with double ball-joint lower control arm, coil over shock suspension

G

·
I can confirm that the suspension bits are Mazda6 parts...... Aftermarket upgrades for the Mazda6 should be a direct fit on the Fusion... but I will confirm this later.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My only concern as far as interoperability goes is things like exhaust, where the extra few inches the fusion is stretched might matter.

·
Registered
301 Posts
No need to worry about taking parts from other cars for suspension, MJH Sound.com will developing springs with H&R Springs and the should be available upon the release of the zephyr.

G

·
For those looking for a very high quality adjustable suspension, the KW Suspensions coilover kits for the Mazda6 are a direct bolt in. I also know that Eibach is working on springs and anti-roll bars for the Fusion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well....I should be used to my bad luck with Ford vehicles by now (it's all I've ever owned) but it still sucks knowing that something goes bad on a brand new car. Brand new Fusion SEL fully loaded....I put 300 miles on the car....my left front strut is blown. Oh well....I work for Ford so I have learned to not get too excited about these things....but like I said....it still sucks.

I actually just had it replaced at work right before I wrote this. It is a whole different car now. I loved it to start with but now I love it even more. Can't wait to mod it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I just thought of something about using 6 parts on the Fusion. Isn't the Fusion a heavier car? Wouldn't that mean a Fusion would need higher spring rates?

·
Registered
619 Posts
The Fusion spring rates are actually lighter than the Mazda 6 (and the Zephyr, which is even heavier has even lower rates). They do have a higher load rating though.

But you're right, the weight will cause the car to sit lower than a Mazda 6 on the same aftermarket springs. It will also result in a lower ride frequency, so the Fusion on the same springs will feel more floaty.

·
Registered
33 Posts
has anybody verified if the tokico shocks for a 6 will fit on the fusion yet and also what about strut tower braces and anti-roll bars for the 6 fitting on the fusion?

no need to worry about lowering springs because a few companies already have them out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts