FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Ford Fusion 2.5L SE. I got a sound that sounds like a bad tire. It increases and deceaces with speed. Most noticeable between 20 and 30mph going around left hand curves. From the driver's seat, it sounds like it's coming from the front end of the car. No vibrations or shaking in the steering wheel. Don't see anything obvious with the tires. To rule the tires out, I rotated them front to back and back to front. No change in the sounds. There is, I noticed, the passenger side outer tie rod has some play. That does need to be addressed, but I'm not sure that's what's causing this rhythmic deep whooshing or whomping sounds that changes with speed. Not experiencing any symptoms of a outer tie rod. Any guesses?

·
Registered
7 Posts
2010 Ford Fusion 2.5L SE. I got a sound that sounds like a bad tire. It increases and deceaces with speed. Most noticeable between 20 and 30mph going around left hand curves. From the driver's seat, it sounds like it's coming from the front end of the car. No vibrations or shaking in the steering wheel. Don't see anything obvious with the tires. To rule the tires out, I rotated them front to back and back to front. No change in the sounds. There is, I noticed, the passenger side outer tie rod has some play. That does need to be addressed, but I'm not sure that's what's causing this rhythmic deep whooshing or whomping sounds that changes with speed. Not experiencing any symptoms of a outer tie rod. Any guesses?
did u rotate thetires? Could be a broke belt on tread. Or bubble. Under rubber

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did. I was actually hoping it was a bad tire. After rotating the tires, nothing changed. I'm pretty sure it's the bearings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts