FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read all the postings about suspension modifications and it appears that only a couple of members have done it to their Milan's. This question is for both the Fusion and Milan owners. After changing coils or sway bars, are you satisfied with the results? Did you accomplish what you set out to do? Looking back on the project was there anything you would have done differently or not at all? Have you noticed any problems after the modifications?
I have read that an alignment should be performed after installing the lowering springs. Does the kit come with new specs or do you realign to the stock specs? Can the alignment be performed at any reliable tire center? Way too many questions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I lowered my car about a week ago and I really am pleased with the ride quality. It took the "sag" out of the suspension when you give it the gas or when you put on the brakes. Other than that the quality of the ride is about the same. I have 20 inch rims on my car with 35 series tires, so my ride is a little more rough than people who have the stock rims and tires. I took my car to the Firestone by my house (because the Ford dealer doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground) and they took care of it. The only thing that had to be adjusted was my tow. Besides that, it looks really cool now. :klavergreg:

Hope this helps.......

·
Registered
75 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=82246.msg1535978#msg1535978 date=1183518753]
Justguth, did they adjust your front or rear toe? What exactly did they do?
[/quote]

Im pretty sure he said he adjusted both. I will have t check the print out that he gave me with all the stats on it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Heya 500_2_Milan!

I put the Eibach springs on my V6 Milan. My brother and I did the install and it was quite painless. Took about 4 1/2 hours of unhurried labor and minimal tools. Spring compressor is a MUST!!
As for satisfaction, I am VERY satisfied. As Justguth stated, it mainly takes the 'sag' (squat during acceleration, which I thought was excessive to begin with, and nose dive during braking). The ride is a bit firmer, taking out some bounce after hitting a bump. Cornering is tighter too, not so much roll. As for look, it dropped the car about 1 1/2 inches front and rear. That was mainly what I was after, to set the car down on the wheels a bit and lose some wheel well gap. Have noticed no problems, no tire wear issues, rubbing, moans or groans.
I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I had mine dropped for awhile now, never changed a thing afterwards. I am also very pleased with the new stance and stiffer springs

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Skull Cowboy and Jaysen....Did you have an alignment done after the install? Are the alignment specs specific to the spring kit or is it just a stock alignment? Thanks everyone for sharing you experiences.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.