FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen numerous posts here referring to use/interchange of Mazda6 suspension parts on the Fusion, but am wondering about ball joints. Specifically, SPC sells an adjustable upper ball joint for the Mazda6 that allows camber changes, which would obviously be useful when lowering a Fusion (or any other car). I'm wondering just how much commonality the Fusion has with the Mazda6, and if this ball joint could be pressed into the Fusion upper arm to permit camber adjustment? The Mazda ball joint is discussed and linked here:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=66965

·
Registered
619 Posts
The upper control arm is exactly the same, only the bushings are different. So if it works on the Mazda, it will work on the Fusion. But I've looked at that design and am skeptical about its long term durability.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's certainly a consideration, although I am glad to know that there is at least an option. The way those guys on the Mazda website are talking, it sounds like they're going racing, so I guess we'll hear pretty quick if there are any failures.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
We offer the SPC adjustable ball joint. I just haven't put it on our Fusion website yet.

Part number: 271-67115
Cost $99.95

You can call and order for now until I get a chance to put it up. The boss gave me a new project that went in front of putting these online. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts