FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The garage door opener of my 2012 Fusion Sport, which has functioned well since I purchased the car new, has stopped opening my garage doors. Button 1 has been used continuously, 2 was programmed but only used 10 times at most, and 3 has never been programmed or used. I cleared and tried to reprogram the transmitter without success. The red lights above each button did light so I assume it is not a power supply problem. I could not find any info in my Chilton repair manual re these transmitter's. Any suggestions? Alternatively, are these self contained units so that if I obtained a used visor unit from a wrecking yard, I could just swap out the two and program the new one to my doors or is there more computer work required because it's a different car? Thank you for any suggestions from anybody who has experienced this scenario before.

·
Super Moderator
6,018 Posts
The garage door opener of my 2012 Fusion Sport, which has functioned well since I purchased the car new, has stopped opening my garage doors. Button 1 has been used continuously, 2 was programmed but only used 10 times at most, and 3 has never been programmed or used. I cleared and tried to reprogram the transmitter without success. The red lights above each button did light so I assume it is not a power supply problem. I could not find any info in my Chilton repair manual re these transmitter's. Any suggestions? Alternatively, are these self contained units so that if I obtained a used visor unit from a wrecking yard, I could just swap out the two and program the new one to my doors or is there more computer work required because it's a different car? Thank you for any suggestions from anybody who has experienced this scenario before.
Hi Fordblue and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. Can't help you with what the issue is. However, yes, they are self contained units, and you can simply swap a new visor in...plug-n-play. If you can find one.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Fordblue and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. Can't help you with what the issue is. However, yes, they are self contained units, and you can simply swap a new visor in...plug-n-play. If you can find one.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, I know diddly squat about computers so that swap would be the easiest solution for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts