FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
After reading some not-so-good stories about Best Buy/Circuit City installs, I'm having second thoughts.  Anyone know where in the D/FW metroplex that would install my sub in my Fusion? (SEL V6 w/Audiophile)  The sub is an Infinity Basslink btw.

Thanks!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Re: Best place for audio (subwoofer/amp) installation in Dallas/Ft Worth

I did the install myself. The Bass link is super easy to install !!!!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Yeah, I installed it myself in my Accord, which was easy. I might try it again to save some money. What connection did you use? A LOC for the RCA inputs (if so, what did you use for the remote turn-on), or did you just to the Speaker Level connection directly?

·
Registered
297 Posts

I just tapped into on of the speakers at the back of the head unit. The BASS-LINK has a built "Speaker-Level" converter, which I used. No need for a "Remote" either, the basslink senses voltage coming accross the Speaker-level line and uses that to turn itself both ON and OFF. It is a pretty sweet set-up if you do not want to take up a lot of space in the trunk.......

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

In my last car, I had it hooked up at the speaker level. It worked good for a couple of years, and then strange things started to happen. I'm gonna try that way again, but I'm going to tap into the rear deck speakers (instead of at the back of the headunit, it's easier).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Remote Turn-On Help!

Ok......I installed my subwoofer today, but it has finally blown itself out (after only 3 years). So, now I need another one!

On my new one (whatever I get) I want to convert the speaker level inputs to RCA inputs. My question is, what could I tap into for remote turn-on?

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts