FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
Re: Suck in Drive

[quote author=newyork2050 link=topic=85028.msg1605780#msg1605780 date=1186033864]
my fault i mean stuck in park i cant get to drive like i cant push in the button on the shifter
[/quote]

Hi newyork. :wavey: Get out your Owners Manual. Go to the Index. Look up "Transmission". Look for the sub-category "brake-shift interlock (bsi)". Go to the page number listed (it is page 177 in my MKZ manual, will most likely be different in yours). Read the directions carefully and fully, as it also explains some things which can cause the problem. Follow the directions to release the interlock switch.

Investigate to see if you have any of the other causal defects noted in the Owners Manual.

Now, I am not trying to be a wise-guy here, but your Owners Manual is your friend :thebeansoldier:. If the problem does turn out to be the brake shift interlock, you could have had the solution a long time ago, without having to wait for one of us bozos to come around!

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Maybe it's because you use poor spelling and punctuation. I mean, how hard is it to type a comma, a period, or a question mark? And capitalization? It's not that difficult to hit the "shift" key.

Sorry to be an asshole, but this stuff is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts