1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=82543.msg1541029#msg1541029 date=1183791728]
Looks good, I would paint it black!
[/quote]

it is Black Chrome. It is a lot darker than the pix make it look. It was starting to get dark so i had the flash on. I think that is part of the reason it looks so bright. But if and when the chrome starts to go bad or what ever it will be painted black to match the car.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=gblack2980 link=topic=82543.msg1542046#msg1542046 date=1183862564]
If you don't mind telling...Where did you purchase the grill and how much? I would like to get one.
[/quote]

Got it from Autoanything.com They were the only ones that had the black chrome because it has been discountiued. I paid $208 shipped. I got a discount because they match prices. Summit Racing has them listed cheaper but i got them a dollar cheaper because of the price match. This is the second thing i have ordered from autoanything and they ship fast good customer service so i would say buy there and just tell them to match summits price. They still have the chrome and polished instock just not black chrome.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=82543.msg1542610#msg1542610 date=1183911379]
those updated pictures look alot better, the car looks very clean, paint those side markers! stat!
[/quote]

:D ya they did. The flash on the camera made it look a lot brighter than it is. The new pix are still brighter than i is in person. I am going to have the windows tinten soon and thinking about having them tint the tail lights and the side marker lights as well. i think that would look a lot better. Would love to pull the head lights apart and tint most of the chrome in there but not sure if i want to take those apart or not. would hate to mess them up.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Looks good...I'd still like to see a black Fusion with the billet style grille to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm going to guess that this was a simple install. Since the 'parts' bag next to the grille on your floor looks like it has about 4 pieces in it. Was it easy to install for the most part...??

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took about an hour and a half. The instructions are good and easy to follow. More or less it is taking the bumper off. Bunch of pop tabs and bolts all over but none are out of the way everything is easy to get to. Once the bumper is off it is popping the grill bracket and grills out. Both grills are connected togeather. Then set the template on the bumper mark your holes, drill into the bumper cover then attach the grills with the supplied pop in tabs. Not hard at all. I was a little pissed because the lower grill did not come with any hardware or instructions so i had to buy some of the pop in tabs from autozone but not a biggie because they are cheap. Over all i would say the install is a 5 out of 10. As long as you have some mechanical ability and basic hand tools it is not a problem. I am still waiting on my badge to come in. The grill needs something on it to break it up a little. I ordered this one so will have to see how it looks going to install it in the lower drivers side corner.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I like it but I wouldn't replace the top grill, only the bottom one. Do they sell them separate?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=Oreo link=topic=82543.msg1569922#msg1569922 date=1184869122]
I like it but I wouldn't replace the top grill, only the bottom one. Do they sell them separate?
[/quote]

ya you have to buy them separately. I have seen someone else just replace the bottom one. It looks good as well.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes but I went to their site for the ford fusion and I can't find this one specifically...can I have a direct link please?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Totally not diggin' it - then again - your car, your game. It's definitely not for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts