FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decipher the difference between the Aluminum Street Scene grille and the Chrome Street Scene grille. I plan on ordering one, but cant decide on which. Is the chrome too mirror like or is the finish like the tri-bar grille we have now on our fusions? Would the aluminum look better? This is for a while fusion fyi.

I could use any input you guys may have.... thanks!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=xikillamikeix link=topic=83370.msg1568460#msg1568460 date=1184813702]
anybody?
[/quote]

I was going to order the allu instead of chrome myself but then found a dealer that had the last black chrome lower grill so i got that one. What color is your car? Also if it is an SEL with all the chrome on the car that would be the better choice also if you have chrome wheels then the chrome one would be nice but if not i would go with the alluminum. just my .02. Also if you ever wanted to paint it the alluminum would be the better choice for that.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does anybody have pics of an aluminum Street Scene's Grille installed...??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a white SEL... but stock rims...

i was first thinking chrome, but when I saw some of the pics on the black cars, it looks almost "too" chrome-like. From afar it almost looks like there is no grille there at all because of the reflection, but I am wondering if that is just the photos or how it really is.

I want the grille to stand out and be noticeable but i dont want aluminum to mess up the flow of the chrome and white on the car, but i also want it to look good... so im stuck.

Im ordering it next week so does anyone else have opinions or more preferably photos of the two?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=xikillamikeix link=topic=83370.msg1569549#msg1569549 date=1184861648]
i have a white SEL... but stock rims...

i was first thinking chrome, but when I saw some of the pics on the black cars, it looks almost "too" chrome-like. From afar it almost looks like there is no grille there at all because of the reflection, but I am wondering if that is just the photos or how it really is.

I want the grille to stand out and be noticeable but i dont want aluminum to mess up the flow of the chrome and white on the car, but i also want it to look good... so im stuck.

Im ordering it next week so does anyone else have opinions or more preferably photos of the two?
[/quote]

i would say go with the chrome. I can tell you the pics do not look even close to as nice as it does in person. In most of the pics i took of mine the flash makes it look like you can see right thru the grill but in person it is not light that. Go with the Chrome with the SEL it will look the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.