FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one what to explain what straight pipes are, is it just pipes and no mufflers? does anyone have them on their fusion?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
No catalytic converters, no resonator, I think that's what guys are talking about for our application. For cars that are fast, like 1/4 mile cars, it would be just headers and maybe pipes coming out the side, for example. No mufflers. Be pretty embarassing to have a car like ours making all sorts of noise and not enough power to back it up.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, I'll be perfectly honest here - I had two Magnaflow 12255 mufflers installed last night and I can't even imagine staying sane in a car much louder than what mine is right now. As it is, those mufflers kind of push the limit IMO. It's a straight through design, but honestly....why in the hell do you want your Fusion to be that loud?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Taking the resonator and cat off (if you can get away with it) would only sound good if you had good mufflers that could handle the flow. If you didn't want anyone to know you had a muffler, then you could probably mount a rounded one in place of the resonator or cat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts