FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of adding a system in my 06 Fusion SEL. I want to keep the stock stereo but I want to get aleast the best convertor for my system. I havent bought my system yet. What would you guys recommend.

Side note... On my radio stations. I get stactic. Its almost 2 mins into songs or shit on the radio. It pisses me off. I took it to the dealer ship and they said its fine. But I know that I shouldnt have so much static like I should. What should I do about that.. Or what should I have them look at so I can get this fixed.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Does the static happen when you have the rear defrost on?

·
Registered
221 Posts
what do you want to improve? Bass?? Clarity?? Volume level??

·
Registered
71 Posts
"I want to keep the stock stereo but I want to get aleast the best convertor for my system."

Converter? Speaker level to line level? The best way to do that - get a new receiver. The OE one sucks.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
You have the 06-itis, also known as the "your antenna is in the glass" - itis.

Change to the new externally mounted antenna that's on the 07's and most of those problems will probably disappear.

I don't know when I'm going to fight the dealership with this, but this one may go all the way to Ford HQ. I know they probably care less than the dealership, but oh well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=eiching1 link=topic=71454.msg1257168#msg1257168 date=1173395676]
Does the static happen when you have the rear defrost on?
[/quote]

Nope not that I know if :?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=pkoko link=topic=71454.msg1257181#msg1257181 date=1173396364]
what do you want to improve? Bass?? Clarity?? Volume level??
[/quote]

Actually I plan on buying a system. I would like to have bass and clarity on it.... Just need a convertor to my system. Thats why I was wondering if anyone knows of a good convertor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=mtl1977 link=topic=71454.msg1257958#msg1257958 date=1173445224]
"I want to keep the stock stereo but I want to get aleast the best convertor for my system."

Converter? Speaker level to line level? The best way to do that - get a new receiver. The OE one sucks.
[/quote]

New receiver ... what's that for? Just wondering... not a car guy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=71454.msg1261991#msg1261991 date=1173665301]
You have the 06-itis, also known as the "your antenna is in the glass" - itis.

Change to the new externally mounted antenna that's on the 07's and most of those problems will probably disappear.

I don't know when I'm going to fight the dealership with this, but this one may go all the way to Ford HQ. I know they probably care less than the dealership, but oh well.
[/quote]

How could I do that??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another question peeps. On the stock stereo for the MP3 player. It does say the damn song. it just says like t1 or folder 1 but wont display the name unless I hit the text/scan button... Anyone know how I can change so the text comes on all the time?

·
Registered
359 Posts
ok ok ok lol...

Converter: do you mean a line out converter to add an amp? You can get one for around $30.

MP3 Text: nope it will only show when you press the text/scan button.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I agree with you keeping the stock HU unless you want video or NAV. The stock unit is made by pioneer and is of good quality.

About the LOC; If you want the best LOC then buy NE-774V from:
http://www.davidnavone.com/adaptor_products.htm

I have one and it greatly improved sound from a periferal LOC. I really don't the differences between the other models. It is best that you call them about.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Well, I got everything hooked up today, tested everything twice. Installed a LOC to prevent the "Ford Pop" when you turn off the radio, and everything was sounding BEAUTIFUL........for about two hours.

Then the head unit died.

Have NO IDEA why. Everything is in place. No resistors were needed. Nothing is arcing. Amp isn't overjuiced (not that it would cause that anyway). Not too much power was getting to the HU at all. Professionally installed job.

Switched it out with an 04 F150 HU and it works again....although not ANYWHERE NEAR my factory HU.

Coincidence? It HAS to be. My take on this - good luck getting Ford to warranty it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.