FordFusionClub.com banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Hi Andy. :wavey: Actually, dequardo's post gave me a good idea as to finding/providing information that may actually help you.

So, I checked The Tire Rack database to see what the Factory OEM tire is on the Fusion Hybrid.

It seems there are three tires that either were or are currently standard equipment. Auto Manufacturers (including Ford) sometimes change tire models and even brands mid-model year, or even use more than one tire model/brand at any time.

So, it seems that there are three possibilities, all currently Michelin.

You can find the specific information on those three tire models on this link to The Tire Rack page: www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2010&autoModel=Fusion&autoModClar=Hybrid&width=225/&ratio=50&diameter=17&sortCode=49700&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=H&minLoadRating=S&tab=OE&filterType=oe

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's fine but I'll take into account reviewers (many are enthusiasts) totalling 10's of millions of real life miles' experience any day.  Let's face it, most OEM tires are either cheap or used for utmost MPG.  I suspect these Michelin's fall into the latter category as they are quite expensive. 

I'm used Tire Rack for the past 5 years to get the best tires for the money and highly value the ratings and survey results.  I almost always get tires less than half the name brand price and with much better specs and ratings.  :pc:

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
[quote author=dequardo link=topic=50227.msg3534802#msg3534802 date=1265560642]
That's fine but I'll take into account reviewers (many are enthusiasts) totalling 10's of millions of real life miles' experience any day. Let's face it, most OEM tires are either cheap or used for utmost MPG. I suspect these Michelin's fall into the latter category as they are quite expensive.

I'm used Tire Rack for the past 5 years to get the best tires for the money and highly value the ratings and survey results. I almost always get tires less than half the name brand price and with much better specs and ratings. :pc:
[/quote]

Hi dequardo. :wavey: To make this clear: If you had posted your link to the Tire Rack and simply stated to Andy, "Here are some reviews on the Michelin Energy that you may find useful", I would have no need to reply. You would have been simply providing information. But since you directly quoted me when I stated that "it is a good tire", and then proceeded to make the curt statement, "Not according to the Tire Rack", you force a reply. Sometimes it is not what someone says, but how it is said that matters.

It is very simple. Don't use the quote button if you are only trying to provide information to the OP. If you use the quote button and contradict someone, expect a reply. That is the polite way to address discussions.

The proper use of the quote button seems to slip the mind of some. If we directly quote someone, and then proceed to post information in a manner that makes it obvious you are attempting to correct what they said, a reply is to be expected.

In other words, if you just want to provide information and do it politely, don't quote someone you disagree with. If you quote someone, you are debating or attempting to correct. So don't use the quote button. Nothing wrong with providing information, if it is done in a polite manner. That should be obvious.

As far as anything else in your last reply, you are free to take the advice of whomever you wish. I do not argue that point. It is a free country and your car is your car.

I am simply providing information for Andy (the OP). He wanted to know what the OEM tires were for the Fusion Hybrid. I answered his question and I also provided my first hand experience with the Michelin Energy Energy MXV4 S8 tires. And since you directly quote me, I then pointed out that those Tire Rack reviews are not a professional review by the Tire Rack, but simply surveys sent in by so called anonymous owners of the tires.

As I stated, and you did not address, I can find plenty of reviews (even on this Ford Fusion Club Forum), that say our cars "suck". I disagree and think our cars are great. That is why I do not listen to anonymous reviews from non-professionals. Some people know what they are talking about, some have agendas, and others do not have a clue.

You are free to take the advice of whomever you like, as we all are. That is what makes it such a great world.

And of course the OEM tires on the Fusion Hybrid are chosen to optimize mileage (with a ride/handling balance), it is a Hybrid who's main selling point is mileage. If a buyer does not wish to have optimum mileage, they could have chosen a non-Hybrid Fusion model and paid quite a bit less for their purchase. That should be rather obvious.

Now that we have answered the OP's questions, hopefully this clears up any confusion and we can move on.

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
[quote author=dequardo link=topic=50227.msg3534856#msg3534856 date=1265563863]
1) He asked about the non-hybrid

2) Methinks you doth protest too much.
[/quote]

Hi dequardo. :wavey: 1 - I misread Andy's question and made a mistake by providing the Hybrid tire information. In that case, there is no single answer to the Fusion OEM tire question, since various models come with various tires (see I have no problem admitting when I make a mistake).

To Andy - Sorry for misreading your question. In that case, the OEM tire varies according to model. Go to The Tire Rack website www.tirerack.com and use the tools to find the OEM tire on the particular model you are interested in (S, SE, SEL, Sport).

2 - Methinks you are more interested in being argumentative than actually helping Andy here. Otherwise, you would provide information instead of trying to be "witty". For example, your first post would have let him know that the Michelin Energy is not the OEM tire on most Fusion models.

I made a mistake and have owned up to it. You were argumentative. Please don't compound the error. :pc:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Howdy! I am looking at new lug nuts. Black or Chrome, I don't know yet. I read this thread and could not be sure of the size I need. One post says 20 X 1.5. My stock nuts have "Metric 1" on them. A couple of listings on ebay show that Fusion is 20(or 12) X 1.5. Can anybody tell me the exact size for sure? Also, the stock nuts appear to be the acorn style. They looked like they fit right into my Bullets when I put them on. Right?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Come on guys! All day and nobody knows what size lug nuts to use? I guess I shouldn't complain. I don't know either! :shock:

·
Registered
751 Posts
[quote author=fusionff link=topic=50227.msg3539802#msg3539802 date=1265767378]
All Fusions, (06-Present), use Bulge Acorn lug nuts. Size is 12x1.50

Check out Gorilla lug nuts, I will be ordering a couple of sets very soon from them.

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/
[/quote]

ff my man! Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
2010 Sport Wheels:

weight: 53 lbs (with RS-A tires)
offset: +44

·
Registered
552 Posts
[quote author=fusionff link=topic=50227.msg3539802#msg3539802 date=1265767378]
Check out Gorilla lug nuts
[/quote]I had these on another car of mine and they are really good lug nuts.

Will be getting another set for my Milan as soon as I can find some nice wheels for it.... :goodjob:

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
[quote author=marro2 link=topic=50227.msg3631487#msg3631487 date=1272134304]
2010 Sport Wheels:

weight: 53 lbs (with RS-A tires)
offset: +44
[/quote]

Are the sport rims 18x7.5?

I thought for the longest time that they were 18x8... So i ordered a new set of rims at 19x8.5 thinking i was only making a .5" jump.. Come to find out it will be 1" per rim more (if sports are 18x7.5)! Does anyone think i will have any issues with a 19x8.5 with +35mm offset replacing a 18x7.5 with +44mm offset?

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
[quote author=Ckenaan link=topic=50227.msg3638709#msg3638709 date=1272554887]

Are the sport rims 18x7.5?

I thought for the longest time that they were 18x8... So i ordered a new set of rims at 19x8.5 thinking i was only making a .5" jump.. Come to find out it will be 1" per rim more (if sports are 18x7.5)! Does anyone think i will have any issues with a 19x8.5 with +35mm offset replacing a 18x7.5 with +44mm offset?
[/quote]

Hi Ckenaan. :wavey: Yes, the width is 7.5".

Will your new wheels fit? Yes. But there will be 4mm less clearance on the suspension side, and they will extend out an extra 22mm on the fender side.

To see exactly how they will fit as compared to the factory set, use this Wheel Offset Calculator: www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

The website address is also "stickied" in the "Important Topics" section of the "wheels/Tires" board.

Hope you also took correct lug spacing and centerbore size into account when you purchased.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Thanks for the inquiry!

I just used the link you supplied and came up with:

4mm LESS (inner clearance)

EXTENDS an extra 22mm (outer clearance)

Are my wheels going to stick out the sides of my car!?!

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
[quote author=Ckenaan link=topic=50227.msg3638735#msg3638735 date=1272555821]
Thanks for the inquiry!

I just used the link you supplied and came up with:

4mm LESS (inner clearance)

EXTENDS an extra 22mm (outer clearance)

Are my wheels going to stick out the sides of my car!?!
[/quote]

Hi Ckenaan. :wavey: Yes, you are correct. I plugged in an 8" wide wheel instead of 8.5. That's what I get for hurrying and not double-checking. :bash: I will correct it above.

They will stick out approximately 1" (.866 of an inch) more than the factory wheels. Take a look at your car now and decide if that will be too far for your taste.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just took delivery of my 2010 Milan Premier and found it interesting that the OE Tires are Michellin Energy Saver A/S (Green X) tires. I would have thought these would be reserved for Hybrid models but here they are on my 3.0 V6

Energy™ Saver A/S
Passenger Car/Minivan Tire
All-Season Tires

Up to 8% more fuel-efficient than standard tires to save you money1
EnergySaver Construction™, combined with a special type of tread rubber, keeps the tire cooler - helping your engine to improve its fuel efficiency.

Stops up to 8 feet shorter for added safety2
Silica-based unique tread rubber compound provides all-season traction and no-compromise stopping performances to keep you safe without trading fuel efficiency.

Reduces CO2 emissions as much as planting 40 trees3
Lower rolling resistance requires less effort from your engine and helps reduce harmful CO2 emissions from your vehicle.

·
Registered
552 Posts
[quote author=Rodeo link=topic=50227.msg3649886#msg3649886 date=1273245379]
Just took delivery of my 2010 Milan Premier and found it interesting that the OE Tires are Michellin Energy Saver A/S (Green X) tires.
[/quote]Congratulations on finally getting your new Milan Rodeo :goodjob: It's a great car and I'm sure you will be loving it.

I'm not sure which tires came with our 3.0, except I know they are from Michellin, and I know that I can't wait to replace them :csweeney:

·
Registered
156 Posts
2006 16" Fusion door jamb decals lists 34 PSI for the 16x6.5 regular wheels and 60PSI for the spare.

Did we hear back on the Mustang center bore yet? I need new wheels...

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
[quote author=torquelover link=topic=50227.msg3671272#msg3671272 date=1274763988]

Did we hear back on the Mustang center bore yet? I need new wheels...
[/quote]

Mustang center bore is 70.5mm.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts