FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay on my way back home tonight I decided to switch which cd I was listening to. So as the changer was switching CDs I noticed it was taking a long time to read the cd. Now I just listened to this cd a couple of days ago. Anyways it started making this fun clicking sound so I turned of the radio. I then proceded to turn it back on and it started making it again. So I held the eject to eject all the cd's. The first one came out fine. Then as it was switching to the next it made the clicking noise again and then spit of the cd. It did this until the last one which it said Eject Error and then about 10 seconds later the cd came out. I know it does make some noise while it is changing the cd's. But this a fast repetitive clicking noise like it is having a hard time moving. Then it sounds like it puts the cd back and then tries again a couple more times before it is successful.

When I got home I tried just sticking one cd and changing the slots it was put in with no problems. So I got some diffrent CD's and loaded all the slots. It did the same clicking noise when it came to the last cd to be put in and said Load Error and would not take the cd. It also took it longer to eject all the cd's out. Now it is fine with just one cd. I guess what I am asking when I take it in to have them look at it what exactly should I tell them it is doing. I don't want to sound completely stupid when I go in there. I guess this will be the first thing I have had go wrong with the car since I bought it last year. Thank God for Warranty.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Just tell them what you told us. Let them know that it's laboring with all six cds in the changer and you're getting errors. Let them know it's not working correctly with six cds and you'd like to get it fixed/replaced. Are the cds you're playing burned cds? I have noticed that this head unit takes longer to scan the burned cds.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Also, you could show them exactly what you described to us. Of course, it probably won't act up at all when you get there. Pesky gremlins... :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I finally am getting a new radio. When I first took my car in I could not re-produce to noise. So they checked it out and said the radio passed all the test.

So I drove off pissed that it wasn't doing it. Of course 30 minutes into my drive it starts it again. I thought I will turn around and go back. But then decided against it. Traffic was getting bad and I needed to get home. So I kept putting it off. This past Tuesday I took it back in because I needed to get my oil changed, my winter tread back in so I had them look at it again. By now I can only use one cd in the cd player at a time and then it takes 40 seconds before it even starts to read them when you put them in. Half the time it says eject error after putting it in and then 5 seconds later the cd comes out. So once I put a cd in I don't take it out until I am sick of it. I hate listening to the radio. Sometimes I get 2 cd's in but after I drive it for 5 mintues I am not able to have it change them anymore.

So after about 1 1/2 they come back and get me to tell me my car is ready. So when I paid I asked them about the radio. The lady said oh, they had to order you a new one. So they are suposed to call me when it is in. I can't wait!!! I am already sick of listening to this cd I have in it now and the FM channells suck. I hate commericals, and my IPOD has to much noise when I have FM Transmitter hooked to it. That is why I love the MP3 cd's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well while I have been home helping my father around the house(He had his knee replaced). I finally got a hold of the ford garage. They had my radio for a week and a half and never called me like they said they would. So I made an appointment for that day to have it put in. I got there and the guy said it might take awhile we are swamped. I said okay but I had an appointment for 2:00pm. After about 15 minutes they came and got me and told me my car was ready.

I couldn't wait to get my cd's back in. So after about a 45 minute drive back to my parents I hit the volume button on the steering wheel. To my suprise not only did it raise the volume but it changed the radio from CD to fm. So I started pressing the rest of the buttons they all do the same. Then I stoped for gas. Now here is the kicker. When you turn off the car and restart it. It goes from what ever you were listening to, to the AM station, it even does that when you press the power button. So I called the garage back when I got home since I was only a mile from my parents house. They said Oh, sounds like you are having more problems out of this radio then you were your other one. I said yeah kind of. So then they tell me they can not get me in for a week. So that night I went to visit a friend, it was dark and I got to looking, my radio does not light up at night when you have the lights on. The only light is the screen so you can not see where any of the buttons on the radio itself are.

The next day I remembered the trick with the 3 and 6 button. It comes up No Configuration and then I pressed the self test button which it came up Self Fail. So did they put the wrong radio in or did I get another bad one? My other question since the ford garage from another town did the work could I possibly take it to another dealership and have them fix what the other one did?

·
Registered
5 Posts
i work for a ford dealer and the radio's are GARBAGE!!! we send no less than 15 to 20 out a month...it's very concerning in my opinion we spend this much money on a vehicle and yet we can't even build a radio in the us...they suck always have and still continue too, ford has it's concern on this stupid sync system which is going to have even more problems than now...

·
Registered
505 Posts
[quote author=Ford_Rules link=topic=88702.msg1867092#msg1867092 date=1195569638]
since the ford garage from another town did the work could I possibly take it to another dealership and have them fix what the other one did?
[/quote]
for warranty work you can take your car to any Ford dealer (it doesn't have to be the place you bought it from). for non-warranty work (like oil changes) you can take it anywhere (it doesn't have to be a Ford dealer)

as far as you factory radio is concerned... when they fix it for the third time... don't wait for that one to break as well, just pull it out, sell it on eBay and use the money to buy a nice aftermarket head unit. then your problems will go away and you system will sound much better as well.

even though they are fixing it for free, think of all the time and aggravation it has cost you already. it's just not worth it.

good luck :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts