FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked all over the forums, but didn't see anything with an "after"...

Has anyone installed a stiletto in their Fusion? How'd you do it, how'd it go? Thanks!!

I'm picking up my Fusion in a few hours and don't think I can go too far without my Satelite. I'm planning on just running the FM out to the Aux for sound but I'd like to know where people have ended up installing the unit itself. I'd like to get it down off the dash but haven't spent enough time in the car to really think about it yet.

Thanks in advance!!

(or for that matter...anyone with an XM innuo (sp?) your advice would be appreciated too!!)

G

·
Down underneath the air condition controls their is a little area where the power point is. Right to the left of that their is a little area you can place it right there.

I'm getting Sirius radio sometime this year, and I'm going to put it right there. I also plan on making it appear as if their are no wires. I hope that when I get it I can show people my awesome install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!!

I'm trying to figure out where on the car to mount my dock. I think I want to put it on the drivers side next to the radio, but I'm having trouble finding a mount for it. Right now I have the radio in a cup holder and have gotten the wires tucked in nicely. I picked up a plud and am using that for my FM out and I'm really liking not having to bother with changing the stations!!

Where did people end up with the antenna? I tried to tuck it under my windshield molding, like I had on my Taurus, but I noticed that the rubber strip got smaller the farther down the window I got. I stuck it on the dash for now and will leave it there as long as I don't have any problems with reception.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the final pictures from my Stiletto install. I used a mounting clip that I got from tss-radio.com. They had everything and got it out to me really quickly. I think the whole install would've taken me maybe 20 minutes if I hadn't also decided to relocate the antenna to the back of the car.

All that was needed to do was to remove the face of the dash, remove one of the radio bolts, connect the dock and the bracket to the bolt and reconnect everything. While the face is off, you can run the wires behind the dash, make sure you have some string or something so that you can pull the antenna wire up on the drivers side. It makes for a very clean install.

One question though, has anyone ben hiding the wires? Right now I have them running under the window lip and down the side but since there is no rubber strip there is nothing protecting it form the wind. I was thinking of buying a small piece of rubber stripping so that I can put it over the wire, but wanted to see if anyone had other suggestions...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts