FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering wheel sux. I had to put a wheel cover over it, I don't like it that much.

However, I DO like the stock ones that came on the Milan. I found one on eBay that's leather-wrapped, has the exact same button control order, but it's from a 2010 model and I have a 2009. Are Milan and Fusion wheels interchangeable?

Here's the pic: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTAxWDE2MDA=/z/4xcAAOSwGvhUEflR/$_57.JPG

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I wasn't even aware Fusions didn't come with leather-wrapped steering wheels.

While the leather-wrapped wheel from an 09 Milan will be a straight swap, I'm not entirely sure about a 2010. I like the 2010's because it has those bumps at the 10 and 20 position.

The application guide for the 2010 specifically states 2010-2012, but that may be because the 09s used an older design.

If I were in your position, I'd give it a try. You may need to swap the clockspring but even that may be compatible.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't even aware Fusions didn't come with leather-wrapped steering wheels.

While the leather-wrapped wheel from an 09 Milan will be a straight swap, I'm not entirely sure about a 2010. I like the 2010's because it has those bumps at the 10 and 20 position.

The application guide for the 2010 specifically states 2010-2012, but that may be because the 09s used an older design.

If I were in your position, I'd give it a try. You may need to swap the clockspring but even that may be compatible.
Fusions DO/DID come with leather-wrapped wheels, they just came on SEL trims and sometimes for anonymous reasons, on SE models.

The bumps on this wheel are exactly why I'm itching to get it, that looks so cool. But I think I'll get it & give it a try & keep you guys updated!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alr guys, the wheel arrived today.

I attempted to disassemble the airbag system (SUCCESS, not as hard as I though, I kept thinking it would deploy even w/ no electricity, it was the nerves.)

After I removed the four bolts and removed the center nut, tried to pull the wheel off, NOTHING. Do I need a wheel puller or something? If so, which one is recommended for this procedure?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Turns out there was nothing to worry about. The clock does not move unless you try to spin it. All went well with the wheel swap except the trim around the wheel controls having its pins in the back break off and the guy who helped me put the wheel on a few degrees crooked.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Fusions DO/DID come with leather-wrapped wheels, they just came on SEL trims and sometimes for anonymous reasons, on SE models.

SEs with The Appearance Package came with leather-covered steering wheels. My 2007 and 2011 SEs had the package, both came with leather-covered wheels.

·
Registered
348 Posts
FYI, None of the "Leather" wheels ford uses for either the milans or the Fusions are real leather they are vynle, the seats are also not real leather.

·
Registered
313 Posts
FYI, None of the "Leather" wheels ford uses for either the milans or the Fusions are real leather they are vynle, the seats are also not real leather.
I say Nay nay.

Reactions: kaboom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually the front faces are real leather and the rear inserts of the rear seats are leather also on the SEL models it is real leather. I have been doing upholstery on these cars and upon removal of some of the old upholstery I have discovered that there is yes real leather. Not a how great of letter but it is leather definitely not vinyl except for the sides and seat backs which are vinyl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts