FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing eibach springs I had a wheel alignment done. Since then the steering wheel is slightly off center. I had the alignment rechecked again but they said is perfectly aligned. Do they even know what tha hell they are doing...? Anyone else having this problem? This is really pissin me off...just the thought of going there for a third time. Should I let them know I lowered the car?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Re: Is Ford service giving me some BS?

Tell us the specs, then we can confirm if it's good. Theoretically the springs shouldn't cause drift, but suspensions are so complex, anything can happen.

What is the difference between the left and right camber and the difference between left and right caster? These are the main influences on pulls.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Is Ford service giving me some BS?

[quote author=Waldo link=topic=81662.msg1521081#msg1521081 date=1182960594]
Tell us the specs, then we can confirm if it's good. Theoretically the springs shouldn't cause drift, but suspensions are so complex, anything can happen.

What is the difference between the left and right camber and the difference between left and right caster? These are the main influences on pulls.
[/quote]

I didn't get a copy, he just showed it to me.

·
Registered
833 Posts
"Steering wheel" alignment is strictly a toe adjustment. Bring it back and tell them that the it is off center and you would like it corrected. I have had numerous problems with with this in a few different cars because the mechanics are too lazy and do not want to take the time to get it right. Last time, after the second go around with the dealer, I just ended up adjusting it myself. So far, so good.

·
Registered
313 Posts
A lot of alignment shops with the new-age electronic equipment have trouble getting a car aligned correctly. I have taken a car into one of these places and had an alignment done and the car still felt bad afterward. I took the same car to an "old-school" alignment place. The guy spent a few minutes with the car, which he said was way off, and got it adjusted properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts