FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as tunes go, how big is the difference? Should I be regretting the fact that I got a 93 CAI tune from Steeda?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is there a huge difference? Steeda only gave me one tune, but I understand Jusnes gives you 3? Also... should I be regretting the fact that I got my tune from Steeda and not Jusnes? HELP GUYS!

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you want it tuned right on take to a local sct tuner and have tuned on a dyno. Buying mail order tunes you have no idea what your getting.

·
Registered
407 Posts
While both companies offer nice stuff, and I own things from both companies, I think Bob is the man as far as tunes goes. He's always there to lend a helping hand. I'm sure Steeda would do the same, it's just more personal with Bob.

IMO, getting 3 tunes to 1 was a major winner for me.

I have no ill words for either company, I just like Bob more. (No offence Larry) I have spoke with Bob on several occations, and he's just a geniune guy.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I remember reading somewhere here that Steeda uses stock tunes and Jusnes uses custom tuning. I am very happy with my Jusnes tuning.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you mean they use stock tunes? They asked me for my processor code, so I assumed they were customizing it? Crap... I hope I didn't waste my money with Steeda.

·
Registered
407 Posts
[quote author=tony magnolia link=topic=88385.msg1698926#msg1698926 date=1189226911]
What do you mean they use stock tunes? They asked me for my processor code, so I assumed they were customizing it? Crap... I hope I didn't waste my money with Steeda.
[/quote]

They need your code to program your SCT. What Bobo does, it writes custom codes based off of the Mustang codes. He'll also give you a code (if you bought it from him) that will assest with a Steeda CAI.

Again, Bob is top notch!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly, after reading everything about his tunes, I'm solidly convinced that buying tunes from him is a good call. I know I kinda screwed myself by getting the tuner from Steeda, but honestly I didn't know any better. I sent him a PM telling him I plan to buy from him, so hopefully i hear back from him soon. Do you know if anyone is running the 93 torque tune? That seems like it would be fun! :D

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I just want to clarify something.

Steeda does build true custom tunes. What you've heard about Steeda not having custom tunes is a complete fabrication & untrue.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=larryinfl link=topic=88385.msg1703747#msg1703747 date=1189459246]
I just want to clarify something.

Steeda does build true custom tunes. What you've heard about Steeda not having custom tunes is a complete fabrication & untrue.
[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up Larry.

I would like to see a dyno of the two. :klavergreg:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would also like to clarify something...

You do not use Mustang coding on the Fusion. It is a different ECU and engine configuration with unique spark, fuel and other parameters unrelated to Mustangs.

Gus
Steeda Autosports

·
Registered
407 Posts
[quote author=SteedaGus link=topic=88385.msg1703816#msg1703816 date=1189460772]
I would also like to clarify something...

You do not use Mustang coding on the Fusion. It is a different ECU and engine configuration with unique spark, fuel and other parameters unrelated to Mustangs.

Gus
Steeda Autosports

[/quote]

I didn't say they used the Mustang coding, I said the Fusions coding was based from the Mustang. Meaning that they share similar types of code. But as always, I could be completely wrong.

·
Registered
840 Posts
similar? they don't have the same engine components.

they take a stock fusion code, and change things... they in no way have any relation to a mustang.

if they used coding from a musting your car wouldn't even start.

·
Registered
407 Posts
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=88385.msg1703934#msg1703934 date=1189463373]

But as always, I could be completely wrong.

[/quote]

I think this sums it up.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=88385.msg1704073#msg1704073 date=1189466703]
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=88385.msg1703934#msg1703934 date=1189463373]

But as always, I could be completely wrong.

[/quote]

I think this sums it up.

[/quote]

It's possible Joe could be wrong. :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts