FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered parts from Steeda: CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust, and SCT Tuner. My question to everyone is, when ever I decide to trade this car in a couple years down the road, will these modifications negatively effect my trade-in value? Help them? Cause a dealer to tell me to get lost? I just don't want to do all this and have them tell me I'm screwed. Anyone know?

Second question: Anyone with these mods care to comment on the noticeable performance changes?

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Well, modifications won't hurt you, much. Most dealers just wholesale their trade-ins anyways. If you try to sell it yourself, modifications tend to scare away more people than not.

My advice to you is to keep your stock parts. There's no reason to just trash them when you do mods. That way, you can return to stock and then sell the parts to make some spending money ;)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I would hold on to the stock stuff for resell. I was always told that this is a drawback when you trade in.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Wheels, stereo, interior reupholster and tastefully done bodykits are the only mods that are negotiable during trade in. I used to appraise vehicles at a few dealerships, and I would see people coming in to do a trade in often. Then they would get our lowball approach(to be fair, most people that walk in to buy a car use the same tactics and usually win a deal) only to come back the next day with all stock parts.

The best thing to do is keep a maintenance record for your car. If your records are well kept, and you can prove that you have babied your car, then you will get the best deal on the trade in. I don't know why it matters so much when it's fairly obvious when a vehicle has been well kept regardless of your record keeping. But nevertheless, I do recommend it regardless. Oh, and bringing dyno sheets and time slips to a dealer for a trade in is a BIG no no(yes, I have stories.)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yeah -- what they said: always keep stock parts. Put the stock parts back on before you are serious about going in for a trade-in appraisal. This is especially important with loud intakes, etc. This may not be easily done with exhaust systems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts