FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i am going to break down and get the Steeda Intake ( the price is hight but it looks so good and i am sure it sounds nice) but i am thinking about ordering the TB spacer at the same time. Has anyone used these before. I have used Carb spacers before and know they add power but will it do anything on our cars. Figure if it is worth it i will do them both at the same time.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I haven't heard from BassNutz in a while, but he ordered the TB spacer and the CAI from Steeda. I'd like to hear what he has to say about both.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I've heard good reviews on them considering the price. It wont hurt your engine at all ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also interested in the Steeda Intake and TB Spacer....

Will this void any Manufacturer Warranty?

That is the biggest concern to completing any engine modifications...

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=mxj0048 link=topic=82858.msg1552435#msg1552435 date=1184251242]
I am also interested in the Steeda Intake and TB Spacer....

Will this void any Manufacturer Warranty?

That is the biggest concern to completing any engine modifications...
[/quote]

Same here but the dealer does have to proove that what ever you did to the car caused the problem. The nice thing about these 2 mods is that if you do have to take it in it will only take 30 mins tops to swap the stock parts back on.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi All....I just got mine from Larry about a week or so ago with the 10% off for the June Fusion of the Month...basically paid for the shipping...anyway...will be installing hopefully this weekend...but...its summer...always something coming up at the last minute to change weekend plans...I will have pix of the R&R and will let you all know the performance outcome...and yes...I also am concerned with warranty issues...thats why I've concentrated on the 'show' aspect as it does not effect the warranty...and... I was told at my first oil change last fall by my dealers service manager if I do any engine mods...ie a K&N air filter or suspension mods...ie lowering springs...I can kiss my warranty goodbye....I do agree with slaterracing...these items are an easy R&R back to OEM for serviceing ...so with the TB Spacer from Steeda and the anticipated SCT/CAI combo deal from Bob J., it looks like the 'go' aspect will finally be addressed with impressive results performancewise and hopefully minimal complications with regards to warranty....we'll see.....and keep you updated.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=SGs Fuzion link=topic=82858.msg1553373#msg1553373 date=1184274229]
Hi All....I just got mine from Larry about a week or so ago with the 10% off for the June Fusion of the Month...basically paid for the shipping...anyway...will be installing hopefully this weekend...but...its summer...always something coming up at the last minute to change weekend plans...I will have pix of the R&R and will let you all know the performance outcome...and yes...I also am concerned with warranty issues...thats why I've concentrated on the 'show' aspect as it does not effect the warranty...and... I was told at my first oil change last fall by my dealers service manager if I do any engine mods...ie a K&N air filter or suspension mods...ie lowering springs...I can kiss my warranty goodbye....I do agree with slaterracing...these items are an easy R&R back to OEM for serviceing ...so with the TB Spacer from Steeda and the anticipated SCT/CAI combo deal from Bob J., it looks like the 'go' aspect will finally be addressed with impressive results performancewise and hopefully minimal complications with regards to warranty....we'll see.....and keep you updated.
[/quote]

I have had service managers try to say that as well but it will not stand up. K&N has right on there web site that adding a filter or one of there cold air intakes will not void any Manuf warranty. But again with how easy it is to swap out the air box and spacer the best way to do it is just to put it back to stock. Would not take more than an hour and that is well worth the hassle the service dept might give.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
First off, here is some great reading all owners should be aware of:

http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/magmoss.htm

Here is an excerpt.

"Understanding the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975.

Nearly everyone has heard about someone who has taken a vehicle that has been modified with aftermarket parts to a dealer for warranty service, only to have the dealer refuse to cover the defective items. The dealer usually states that because of the aftermarket parts the warranty is void, without even attempting to determine whether the aftermarket part caused the problem.

This is illegal.

Vehicle manufacturers are not allowed to void the vehicle warranty just because aftermarket parts are on the vehicle."

THIS IS CALLED THE MAGNUSON-MOSS ACT.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea i work at a lincoln mercury dealer and i have a 06 milan 5 speed loaded with a k and n tb ground mod no cats and a magnigflow and i blew the 3rd gear srinco and my service manager wouldent fix it but i brought it to a nother l/m dealer and even with 4 bald milchilns they gave me a bran new trans granted it acualy wasent my fault lol by the way dose any one have crappy a/c mine sucks and i recharged it it was slightly low but all the other teks in my shop say its normal i dont think so but what ever and if anyone has a 07 that wont start and the pats light is flashing its some kinda pin fit probleam with ur pcm realy in the bat juncion box under the hood to verrify take the realy out than just barley place it in its connecter and the car will start i know cause it kicked my a$$ all day i was on the phone with the ford tec hotline for an hour and all they did was point me in the worng diriction it sucked

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=06 milan 5speed link=topic=82858.msg1554224#msg1554224 date=1184296030]
Yea i work at a lincoln mercury dealer and i have a 06 milan 5 speed loaded with a k and n tb ground mod no cats and a magnigflow and i blew the 3rd gear srinco and my service manager wouldent fix it but i brought it to a nother l/m dealer and even with 4 bald milchilns they gave me a bran new trans granted it acualy wasent my fault lol by the way dose any one have crappy a/c mine sucks and i recharged it it was slightly low but all the other teks in my shop say its normal i dont think so but what ever and if anyone has a 07 that wont start and the pats light is flashing its some kinda pin fit probleam with ur pcm realy in the bat juncion box under the hood to verrify take the realy out than just barley place it in its connecter and the car will start i know cause it kicked my a$$ all day i was on the phone with the ford tec hotline for an hour and all they did was point me in the worng diriction it sucked
[/quote]

HOLY RUN ON SENTENCE BATMAN!!!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi slaterracing & mrc...Thanx! for the info regarding K&N and MAGNUSON-MOSS ACT.,...I will tuck this away for future reference.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=06 milan 5speed link=topic=82858.msg1554224#msg1554224 date=1184296030]
[/quote]

:dunno:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sorry I haven't been on the board in awhile, I was in jail. (Long story) Yes, I have a Steeda CAI, and TB spacer. The CAI works great, but save your money on the TB spacer. You won't really notice a difference. It doesn't save you any gas milage.

Keep your money!!!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=82858.msg1558082#msg1558082 date=1184465290]
Sorry I haven't been on the board in awhile, I was in jail. (Long story) Yes, I have a Steeda CAI, and TB spacer. The CAI works great, but save your money on the TB spacer. You won't really notice a difference. It doesn't save you any gas milage.

Keep your money!!!
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. Bummer about jail. Looks like i will be putting that $80 to something else. Maybe the rear sway bar.

·
Registered
407 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=82858.msg1558126#msg1558126 date=1184466518]

Thanks for the reply. Bummer about jail. Looks like i will be putting that $80 to something else. Maybe the rear sway bar.
[/quote]

Hey man, no problem. I'm not knocking Steeda parts, I just don't think they're worth the money.

And yes, jail does suck. Nobody tried to poke me in the butt, so that was a plus.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=82858.msg1558156#msg1558156 date=1184467859]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=82858.msg1558126#msg1558126 date=1184466518]

[/quote]
Nobody tried to poke me in the butt, so that was a plus.
[/quote]

Always good that no one tried this :bananahump:

·
Registered
407 Posts
[/quote]

Wow, I hope you work better than you spell.

[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=82858.msg1558888#msg1558888 date=1184518556]

[/quote]

I'm too tight assed for that to happen. :D

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=82858.msg1559568#msg1559568 date=1184548510]
[/quote]

Wow, I hope you work better than you spell.

[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=82858.msg1558888#msg1558888 date=1184518556]

[/quote]

I'm too tight assed for that to happen. :D
[/quote]

lol :dur:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts