FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is some info regarding installation instructions for the STEEDA strut tower brace...

This is concerning the Fusion V6 models as I do not know if the 4 cyl Fusions are the same. Step 4 of the installation instructions says, "Screw the cap back on the brake fluid resevoir if removed"... The brake fluid resevoir on the V6 models isn't anywhere close to the strut tower bar..The instructions should say power steering fluid resevoir for V6 models since it is the only thing even close to the strut tower bar during installation.

First pic shows the power steering fluid resevoir on the left in relation to the strut tower bar and the second pic shows the brake fluid resevoir next to the battery that isn't even an issue during the install. I found it wasn't necessary to remove either fluid cover for my installation. TIGHTEN UP LARRY!!! LOL!

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=Governator link=topic=90340.msg1746414#msg1746414 date=1191021579]
Anyhow what are the major differences if any from not having this on and do you also have springs installed, tnx.
[/quote]

That's subjective as 10 different users will probably have ten different responses. It is designed to stiffen the chassis (up front) and do away with some body flex. For myself.. it is mostly looks as I see/feel no noticeable difference but how would one be able to really 'feel' more/less body flex since we are not talking about 500-600 HP. I still have factory springs.

·
Registered
514 Posts
[quote author=Double Vision link=topic=90340.msg1746423#msg1746423 date=1191022002]
[quote author=Governator link=topic=90340.msg1746414#msg1746414 date=1191021579]
Anyhow what are the major differences if any from not having this on and do you also have springs installed, tnx.
[/quote]

That's subjective as 10 different users will probably have ten different responses. It is designed to stiffen the chassis (up front) and do away with some body flex. For myself.. it is mostly looks as I see/feel no noticeable difference but how would one be able to really 'feel' more/less body flex since we are not talking about 500-600 HP. I still have factory springs.
[/quote]Yep very true, tnx for the answer. I have springs enroute and with my suspension will start there but would love to hear from someone who has both to see if it's worth the purchase.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I've got the springs......

If someone is willing to BUY me the tower bar for this important piece of research, I'd be more than happy to oblige

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts