FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how often to clean the Cold Air Intake system the Steeda is selling, and also could I use a K&N cleaning kit on this?????

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
[quote author=larryinfl link=topic=70750.msg1243791#msg1243791 date=1172844156]
No, it does not include a reoiling kit.

I have added our reoiling kit to our Fusion website:

http://www.steedafusion.com/store/I...eeda-Air-Filter-Cleaner-Kit/product_info.html

K&N filters are red because they use a red oil on them. All filters start off as a cotton white color, then they take on the color of the oil used. We use a blue oil, because our logo is blue. If you want your filter to be red you can wash off the blue oil and reoil it with K&N filter cleaning kit.

Our filters are made with higher filtration tolerances so as to let less dirt and dust particles in, versus the K&N filers. K&N filters are also completely enclosed at the end. We have a secondary cone that goes inward at the end. This gives you greater filter surface area and greater air velocity. Which means more power than a K&N.

We also make our intakes from much higher quality materials than K&N. Our shield is stainless steel, our mass air meter is made from aircraft quality billet aluminum. It comes to us as a solid block of aluminum and we carve it into the shape you see. K&N filters are made from a cheap plastic that holds more heat in than aluminum. ;)

[/quote]

From Larry @ Steeda.

Yes can you use the K&N stuff, or order their product. The time between cleaning it us to you. Every 2nd or 3rd oil change would be normal I would think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts