FordFusionClub.com banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you all. I'm thinking about lowering it, when I put my wheels on, that will make my decision. I think it will look a lot better but I'm scared to lose the ride. My rims will be here first thing tomorrow morning and I'm going to put them on right after so I will have some more pics coming soon. I can't wait!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Got my wheels on today and I love them! They are 18x8.75 with a +35 offset. XXR 527 in chromium black with 245/40 18 tires with red lug nuts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thank you, yeah I'm thinking about dropping a little bit but I don't want to lose too much of the ride so I'm looking at my options
I feel you there, wouldn't mind dropping mine but don't wanna hurt ride quality. DC roads are the poop and my carpooler aka GF would botch at a rough ride.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I feel you there, wouldn't mind dropping mine but don't wanna hurt ride quality. DC roads are the poop and my carpooler aka GF would botch at a rough ride.

I feel you on that I know my gf would hate to ride in my car with the rough ride plus next month I'm taking a 6 hour drive trip so if I do drop it I'm going to do it after that

·
Registered
587 Posts
When I lowered my car the ride did not really change , it just handles better. My car is not as low as many on this site, I do wish the front was just a little lower. I have Eibach springs. My mod page will give you an idea of the ride height.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
When I lowered my car the ride did not really change , it just handles better. My car is not as low as many on this site, I do wish the front was just a little lower. I have Eibach springs. My mod page will give you an idea of the ride height.

Thank you, I will check it out. A guy from work told me to get eibach springs too I just have to find out how much it costs

·
Registered
878 Posts
Thank you, I will check it out. A guy from work told me to get eibach springs too I just have to find out how much it costs
The reason would be that Eibach springs are designed around the OEM suspension setup, whereas others work better with aftermarket shocks and struts. Tein H Techs are also for an OEM setup, but are made technically for the Mazda 6, so warranties may not be honored.

You can get an Eibach lowering kit from CD3 performance $289.99 shipped, but I've seen it on Autoplicity and Summit Racing for under $250 shipped. I think you get 10% back in rewards on CD3 though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The reason would be that Eibach springs are designed around the OEM suspension setup, whereas others work better with aftermarket shocks and struts. Tein H Techs are also for an OEM setup, but are made technically for the Mazda 6, so warranties may not be honored.

You can get an Eibach lowering kit from CD3 performance $289.99 shipped, but I've seen it on Autoplicity and Summit Racing for under $250 shipped. I think you get 10% back in rewards on CD3 though.

Thank you, I'm probably going to end up doing it after my trip in April I'm going to Disneyland so I know it's going to drop my bank account. Thank you for all the info and how much lower (inch wise) did your car drop with the Eibach springs?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thank you, that thread is one of the first few I seen when I signed up for FFC but I forgot to subscribe so I never got to see it again. When you lower it can you post some pics for me please

21 - 40 of 42 Posts