FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am trying to decide on which type of spoiler I want for my car. I can't ask what you all would prefer because it is not an issue of performance, it is an issue of appearance. So, may all of you with spoilers show me pics of your cars (pics of side and rear shots) so I can narrow my decision? I want a lip spiler, but now I think I want one with the third brake light. Thanks. :hug:

·
Super Moderator
5,961 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=84719.msg1597054#msg1597054 date=1185806282]
Hey guys, I am trying to decide on which type of spoiler I want for my car. I can't ask what you all would prefer because it is not an issue of performance, it is an issue of appearance. So, may all of you with spoilers show me pics of your cars (pics of side and rear shots) so I can narrow my decision? I want a lip spiler, but now I think I want one with the third brake light. Thanks. :hug:
[/quote]

Hi Ceace. :wavey: People have asked this type of question many times before. If you do a search for "rear spoilers" you will come up with many threads and many pictures of different types of spoilers and wings (I just did it myself and came up with many posts containing helpful pictures and information).

This would probably be quicker than waiting for other members to post the same pictures and info again. Otherwise, if you have the time, I am sure other members will soon post their pictures for you.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks SG! I see the one that I really like. I want one like factory, but I didn't want to have the issue with the third brake lights claching (the one in the window and the wing). I saw one person on here uninstall the brake light in the window and cover the slot with a home made plate. It was a good idea, but I want the spot to be filled in with carpet and for it to look like a brake light wasn't there in the first place. I see that MVS has a wing like the Impala SS that looks like factory but without the brake light, if I am seeing it correctly. Thanks again. :D

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=84719.msg1597282#msg1597282 date=1185813791]
Thanks SG! I see the one that I really like. I want one like factory, but I didn't want to have the issue with the third brake lights claching (the one in the window and the wing). I saw one person on here uninstall the brake light in the window and cover the slot with a home made plate. It was a good idea, but I want the spot to be filled in with carpet and for it to look like a brake light wasn't there in the first place. I see that MVS has a wing like the Impala SS that looks like factory but without the brake light, if I am seeing it correctly. Thanks again. :D
[/quote]

:lol: yep that is me. My spoiler is bigger than SG's (size matters 8) or maybe i am over compensating i think i will leave that one alone) so i needed to get rid of the brake light. Since ford started installing there own you can get the rear carpet uncut. Not sure the cost but knowing the dealer it will be a little high.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, I should have remembered it was you Sl8. You have one of the most unique Fusions here. :) I like your wing because it is bigger than stock to match the big ass that the Fusion has. I am sure the uncut carpet will be high through the dealer also. Maybe if we get enough requests, maybe a manufacturer will put one in production? :ughhug:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, I am always thinking of ways to be unique.

·
Registered
410 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=84719.msg1597054#msg1597054 date=1185806282]
[/quote]

I originally thought mine was the same one as Slaters, but it seems to hang off the edges of the trunk a little more, making it (and being that size matters), bigger. 8) :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm not a big fan of trunk spoilers, but since my car came with a factory wing, I've learned to live with it. It helps to see the rear of the car when backing up, and the lack of CHMSL in the window helps too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts