FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ordered from spoilers-direct, its for a fusion but drilling the holes on the outside to the inner side of the trunk is hard because of the angle of the sheet metal. you drill 5 holes on the trunk, 4 for the spoiler and 1 for the light bar. you don't need to drill through both sheet metals for the light bar because you can run the wire out of the big holes under the trunk similar to how the tag light wiring is done. after drilling the holes i sprayed undercoating to prevent rust, finished up by putting on the spoiler and putting rubber caps in the holes. looks factory.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Bwahahah! Love the "FU" name, that rocks my socks!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Does it interfere with the rear visibilty even more or help? I would remove the factory third brake light to help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can see the top of the spoiler just a tab when backing up. so you can tell where the rear of the trunk is now.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've backed up alot of semi trucks using side mirrors. All I care is that it looks, and that looks cool. To make it easier backing you may want to add a little convex stick-on to your side mirrors!!!

·
Registered
833 Posts
I am more concerned with what's behind me when traveling down the road. I find that the third brake light seems to hide smaller cars especially at night (lights and all).

·
Registered
421 Posts
True but, You can't control someone behind you. If they hit you their at fault, insurance fixes your car. So if the issue comes back to backing up, does anyone have a line on aftermarket back up sensors or back up cameras?

·
Registered
833 Posts
I just as soon not have to get my car repaired. I do see quite a few camera systems etc. from a few places, not specific to this car. Pep Boys to name one. Not very expensive.

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I had  the stereo shop install a camera it works fine. They put the lense in the license plate and installed a 10inch monitor next to the radio. It cost me $500 with tax. I'm sure if you put in yourself it would be half the price. Though it's nice even for seeing other lanes in  area's you don't know as it gives you access to more then your side mirroors. I found it nice travelling from upstate NY to FT Myers as I could see traffic on my right much easeier. Car handled great on the way down averageing 75 though did hit 95 very smooth . Did'nt get a ticket this time so was pleased. Have seen more Fusions here than RochesterNY, Ford need to sell it more, a ad like the Yarris  would help push it. Have a great day

·
Registered
477 Posts
I can't believe you left the FU on your trunk lid. It was the first thing I looked at. It looks a little bit childish. I think I would get rid of it but thats my 2 cents. All that matters is that you like it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good work on the spoiler! I'm not a fan of spoilers... but it does look good. I love the "FU"!!! I wish I thought of that when I was removing the advertisements.

·
Registered
833 Posts
slate , I am intersted in seeing how you make out with the spoiler. I have been looking at the a few on eBay. I am interested in how visible it is in the rearview mirror. With the poor rear vision in these cars I was looking to get rid of the third brake light, but do not want to further impair it with the spoiler.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=eiching1 link=topic=62763.msg1124592#msg1124592 date=1167406250]
slate , I am intersted in seeing how you make out with the spoiler. I have been looking at the a few on eBay. I am interested in how visible it is in the rearview mirror. With the poor rear vision in these cars I was looking to get rid of the third brake light, but do not want to further impair it with the spoiler.
[/quote]

I installed it last night and have pix of every step i took so i will try and get a write up going. For me it makes it easier to back up as i know were the back of the car is now. Before i could not see any of the trunk so looking out the rear view for backing up sucked because there was no refrence as to the back of the car. Now the spoiler is there and at the very back of the trunk so i know were i am at. You can see it in the rear view but does not block any view at all or at least it does not bother me at all. I love it. Gives the car a new look and again helps me see out the back because i know know were the back of the car is. Hope i explained that right :lol: Here is the same one i got from the same seller. Got it in 3 days and very good seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006...2QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33638QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1 - 19 of 19 Posts