FordFusionClub.com banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2010 Fusion that I bought right off the showroom floor back in Aug of '09. I've got a Pioneer DEHP600UB deck, 11 band digital Kenwood in dash EQ (with 3 presets), 600watt Kenwood 4ch, and Kenwood's KFCP680C door speakers for both fronts and rears. For bass, I chopped a square hole in the back decklid and have a Boston Accustic MRP1000M amp pushing 2 Kicker CVR 12s, in a ported box and everything rocks. Also, 2 layers of Dynomat on the roof and trunk, pulled the rear bumper and matted there too. You'd better believe I installed the top of the line Viper in there too (5902v)

·
Registered
77 Posts
New Product Pretty dope

APP Radio Touch Screen
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+2+%28SPH-DA100%29

Not certain if the adapters to use the car controls and audiophile aux amp for rear deck speakers are compatable but this is pretty cool either way

cons: only 50wX 4 output. needs additional amps
Pros: very sweet / pandora wireless from your android or iOS phone / large touch screen

other thoughts all touch screen dual din cd/dvd players that i have found that are not over 1k do not have 6 disc capability so when you swap your head unit you gain EQ and looks but loose multi-disc capability... for those who like that atleast

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recently installed the Pioneer AppRadio 2 DA-100. Used the Metra Install kit and Steering Wheel Controls.
I also bought a rear view camera off Amazon for like $20. Everything works great!

Curious as to the size of front door speakers. I've seen many replies. Just looking to upgrade without an amp.
I'm hoping not to have to make brackets of any kind as well. What are the stock front door speaker sizes?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I believe that might be an error... pretty sure the front and rear doors are 6x8's.
Stock, but I think he was asking what fits... 5x7, 6x8 and 5 1/4 can all fit. Rear subs for Sony system are 6x9. Audiophile has 1" tweeters, 1 " depth. Rear doors on 2010-2012 audiophile can also accept some 6 1/2" (3 1/2" depth).

2008-2009:
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White/Brown
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Purple
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White/Orange
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Green
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Blue

For 2010-2012:
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Green
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/White
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Blue
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White/Brown
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Violet
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): White/Orange

·
Registered
552 Posts
Thanks Canadian_LX, you are correct. I just double checked with mine and they are infact 6x9, but all my paperwork list them as 6x8 :shock:

I have corrected the post. Good catch :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am sooo confused. I've got a 2006 Fusion, but I'm not sure if I've got an audiophile system, I've already replaced the headunit with a JVC unit and added a Rockford Fosgate sub and amp to the back.

I've got the 4 speaker system with the tweeters up front. I don't believe that's an audiophile system.

I bought some Rockford Component speakers for the front that are 6.5 and some Rockford Fosgate 2 way 6x8 for the rear doors.

What I would like to know is where I can get the adapters needed to fit both those speakers? I can't seem to find any online!

Thanks in advance,
Mitchell

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am sooo confused. I've got a 2006 Fusion, but I'm not sure if I've got an audiophile system, I've already replaced the headunit with a JVC unit and added a Rockford Fosgate sub and amp to the back.

I've got the 4 speaker system with the tweeters up front. I don't believe that's an audiophile system.

I bought some Rockford Component speakers for the front that are 6.5 and some Rockford Fosgate 2 way 6x8 for the rear doors.

What I would like to know is where I can get the adapters needed to fit both those speakers? I can't seem to find any online!

Thanks in advance,
Mitchell
6x8 will fit in the rear. It's 5x7 all the way around. I have infinity kappa all the way around. 5x7/6x8 are direct fit. 6x9 aren't a smooth fit and I didn't even think they would fit. I have an 07 with the same set up. Amazon has a 6.5 adapter btw.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
6x8 will fit in the rear. It's 5x7 all the way around. I have infinity kappa all the way around. 5x7/6x8 are direct fit. 6x9 aren't a smooth fit and I didn't even think they would fit. I have an 07 with the same set up. Amazon has a 6.5 adapter btw.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Awesome. Good to know! Could you point in the direction of that adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
123 Posts
Does anyone know what all the sizes are of the 12 speaker system in the 2013 Fusion Titanium? I know there is a component set in all 4 doors, a speaker in the center of the dash, 2 ovals in the rear deck and the "sub" in the rear deck. Trying to build out a system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know what all the sizes are of the 12 speaker system in the 2013 Fusion Titanium? I know there is a component set in all 4 doors, a speaker in the center of the dash, 2 ovals in the rear deck and the "sub" in the rear deck. Trying to build out a system.
I'd like to know as well. The speakers that came with the car sound like garbage. I am thinking of replacing only the front speakers - Don't care too much about the rear.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'd like to know as well. The speakers that came with the car sound like garbage. I am thinking of replacing only the front speakers - Don't care too much about the rear.
Hey there, I got an S model and the speakers weren't very loud. I put on 2 15's in the trunk with a 1200 Sony Xplod amp and it boosted the over all volume. Plus now I have killer bass.

Just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
(I want to say) 4" speaker on dash?
6x8 woofers in front doors
1" tweeters in front doors
6x8 two-way in rear doors
6x9 woofers on rear parcel shelf
(I want to say) 4" speaker on rear parcel shelf
I think the rear doors are the same as the front, a full component setup. There is a grille in the same spot as the front door. Also, it's listed as a 12 speaker setup:

8 in all 4 doors (mid + tweeter in each)
1 in dash
2 in rear shelf
1 sub

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey there, I got an S model and the speakers weren't very loud. I put on 2 15's in the trunk with a 1200 Sony Xplod amp and it boosted the over all volume. Plus now I have killer bass.

Just throwing that out there.
2 15s is not going to boost the "overall volume", sorry. It will be louder in the bass department, for sure, but if you want a balanced setup, you have to upgrade the other parts, too.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts