FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know where the spark plugs in the front of the engine are... they're easy to find. but the ones on the other side of the engine... where the hell are they!!! do i have to have a shop do this?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so... im guessing no one knows

·
Registered
331 Posts
You can do it yourself but it does require the removal of the upper intake manifold. Also I would recommend that you stay away from any Bosch Platinum spark plugs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
o ya... ill get some motorcraft platinums

·
Registered
933 Posts
What's wrong with your originals? How many miles do you have on?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have 20,000 but i pulled one and its pretty black. i ran a fuel injection cleaning on my car through the intake manifold and that fouls out your spark plugs. i did it bc ford dont have a fuel filter on this car. so i need to change the spark plugs now i guess. they work fine now i just want better quality ones anyways

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
To a degree they will be black - that's just a product of carbon, oil, and time. I wouldn't imagine that they're even 25 percent through their life expectancy, though. Unless you really just are dying to learn how to take that manifold off, I'd just leave 'em alone IMO.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=90621.msg1757292#msg1757292 date=1191462146]
To a degree they will be black - that's just a product of carbon, oil, and time. I wouldn't imagine that they're even 25 percent through their life expectancy, though. Unless you really just are dying to learn how to take that manifold off, I'd just leave 'em alone IMO.
[/quote]

Hi A_bishop07.:wavey: I would agree with thereisnospoon 100%.

The OEM plugs are manufactured to last for 100,000 miles, and the OEM Motorcraft plugs are high quality spark plugs (aren't the OEM plugs platinum?). As "spoon" stated, you are barely 20% through their engineered life span. Unless you are having a problem, you should leave them alone.

And if you are having a problem such as poor performance, poor MPG etc, you have a 36 month/36,000 mile warranty, so let Ford take care of it.

Otherwise, in my opinion, you are just throwing your money away.

Take some time to think it over.

Whatever you finally decide to do, good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was just worried about them bc i ran a fuel injection cleaning through the intake manifold and i heard that fouls out your spark plugs faster. performance and gas millage is still good tho. ill wait a little longer prob

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Yeah, I'd wait at least until 80,000 miles to even begin THINKING about needing to change the spark plugs. Of course, if you have hesitancy, a humongous drop in fuel econ from usual, etc. then you probably need to consider it sooner. You still have a long ways to go!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.